View Single Post
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
IMPORTANT NOTICE:
Originally Posted by yrannadx View Post
However, I still believe there is something wrong with saving data for both files:

/home/user/.config/sim-switcher/.tmp/currentSIM
/home/user/.config/sim-switcher/.tmp/home.plugins
Yep, sorry!

PLEASE everybody watch out !

I put version 0.5.10 into devel and this one resolves the /home/user problem with root/user rights. There was some strange behaviour (at least I did not know about) with conffiles and root owner. Do not ask more it took me a few versions ...

For everybody having already installed an older version of sim-switcher:
please check owner and rights for /home/user/.config/sim-switcher directory and files. It needs to belong to user, not root.
Make a copy of (or have in mind) your config. And then purge sim-switcher (apt-get purge sim-switcher), enable devel (or wait a few day until I push to testing), and do a install again (sudo apt-get install sim-switcher). I needed do to it twice to have apt set up sim-switcher correctly.
So
Code:
sudo apt-get purge sim-switcher
sudo apt-get install sim-switcher
sudo apt-get purge sim-switcher
sudo apt-get install sim-switcher
will be safe.
If you are asked to keep old or new config files (SIM1 / SIM2), then it is correctly set up. Please answer with yes ('y') to these questions at first install.

For everybody starting with >=0.5.10, you just need to say yes to config files overwriting at first install.

Please excuse this inconvenience, it was due to lack of deb packaging knowledge of mine.

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2012-08-31 at 21:35.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post: