View Single Post
Thanks for clarification, ivgalvez.

Where we disagree, though, is that, in Your words, it's yet to be decided if separate referendum for closing Council project and moving everything into hildon/maemo foundation and it's Board of Directors is needed.

As per my understanding of current statute, such big changes (and even much smaller ones) are *required* to be decided by referendum.

OTOH, making single vote, where people vote for both approval of change *and* Board of Directors at the same time, is terribly wrong idea. First of all, it looks like "already decided" thing, just to be stamped - it doesn't leave good taste. Second, what with people that would like to vote "no" for changes, but in case of majority deciding to agree, would like to vote for BoD, anyway?

Last but not least, without knowing if bylaws (etc) are accepted by Community, people can't judge Board of Directors candidates properly - after all, how to choose someone, if You don't know responsibilities he will have (yet)? Again, such scenario would look like "fasade voting".
---

Disclaimer:
I'm not trying to convince people, that they should reject bylaws and/or upcoming foundation. In fact, I'm probably going to do the opposite. My all concerns are about doing it properly, i.e. via proper referendum.

I understand, that Council (as a whole) haven't made up mind about this yet, but comments expressed by few "individuals" amongst Councilors (about referendum being unnecessary time consuming thing), were worrying.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-08-21 at 15:02.

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: