View Single Post
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
Yesterday, the Council decided to remove Estel from his position as Council Chair. This is due not only to the Community Awards, but to many other actions of his since becoming Chair. He will remain a member of Council, and will continue to serve the community in that capacity.

For me, the primary reason was that he was acting poorly as Council Chair. He didn't represent Council well, and I didn't have confidence in what he was doing and how he related to the community. There were multiple complaints from community members, and I saw personal comments he made against many people, including me. I believe he doesn't have the soft skills necessary to serve as the representative of Council.

Let me also say that this was done with regret. He is a valuable contributor to the community, and fully deserving of his community award. I hope this will be sufficient remediation and that the non-constructive grievances will come to an end. I do not intend to support any actions proposed related to the community awards, such as taking away devices, etc.
IF this is a feeble attempt to make everyonbe happy then it will not work.

He should be removed from council on a vote and also the device he "awarded" himself along with the acceptance of the rest of the council members should also be taken back from him, likewise all devices that have been "awarded" to the council.

This is a community that does not get any input whatsoever on or about it's council.

Something is very wrong with all of this and the procedure council are using.