View Single Post
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
- The forum has its own list, and actually I believe Nokia has little to do with it.
Who "owns" (ie is responsible for and can give access to it) that data though?

- Garage and Bugs have their own lists
Maybe it's time to finally implement an SSO infrastructure like what was being discussed and worked on for ages but never happened :-b

but do you need these services forward?
In some form or other, definitely, source control and bug trackers for community projects are a must. Though perhaps something more tightly integrated and easier to manage than gforge, eg trac or redmine, along the lines of fedorahosted.org?

- About the wiki you could just copy whatever makes sense to keep, and we good with it. Or have a database dump of the content and export it to a new MediaWiki, starting with new users there.
I think a dump would be the best starting point. Even if we don't go with mediawiki it should be able to be imported into most other wiki engines with relatively little effort.

- Users karma would be perhaps lost, but do you mind?
Not at all IMO, good riddance :-)

The part that looks more complex is the Autobuilder + Downloads. If a new infra is created based on OBS then perhaps there is a way to transfer all the existing packages and restart the list of owners?
Caveat: if I understand correctly (and I'd love to be wrong about this) OBS can't support anything earlier than Fremantle at the moment. So we need a plan B for those platforms, but that's a much larger discussion than package ownership.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post: