View Single Post
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
It would need to be considered carefully, as to not destroy compatibility with, for example, BH-214 - that got full bluetooth control (i.e. play/pause, forward, backward, and answer) working fine.

/Estel
I agree. It should be considered and decided, but some solution should be worked out and implemented to avid total mess and compatibility problems. In current situation if we had QRadio, headset-button-control (and maybe other packages using headset button) installed and running at the same time, pressing button on headset would result in complete mess.

Play/pause, stop, forward and backward are working fine and it should not be changed by any updates, I agree. The answer and reject buttons are only working for actually answering or rejecting calls, we don't have access to them (on bluetooth headsets, on wired headsets these can be enabled).

Current package for wired headsets does some checks (from what i worked out while reading code) if someone's not calling us at the moment or we are not currently inside a call etc. and does nothing if any of these checks returns true, so the default behaviour is preserved. That's quite obvious none of us would like to break any current behaviour so any changes like that would require caution. And finding all programs using headset button and writing patches for them for newly developed system.