View Single Post
Posts: 747 | Thanked: 2,370 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Moscow, Russia
Originally Posted by rm53 View Post
1. often it is really hard to get it running. Then all the tabs (feed, places, ...) remain white and it says "please wait" for any time span. First I thought it might be a problem with the FourSquare server, but it is not: other apps connect fine.
White lists and "please wait" clocks inditacates internet connection issues. If it happens alot - try run nelisquare from terminal console using the following command "/opt/nelisquare/bin/nelisquare" (or "/opt/Nelisquare/bin/Nelisquare" depending of version installed) and check if there is any connection errors or timeouts shows up.
But if I put it into foreground and even if I click on "places" it does not reload the list of places, maybe, or it loads the list but clutters it with the places of my last position. Anyway, I do not see the new, nearer venues even if I scroll down the list.
application keeps last acquired position from gps and uses it if new one is not available atm. when application goes foreground - gps starts working again(as it has been switched off), and it takes some time to warm up.
I suggest Nelisquare should reload the list of places when the user clicks on that button/tab.
actually it does. If you press any button("places","feed" so on) again, even if you are on that page already - content is reloaded from 4sq.

It's just take some time to warm up gps, you can speed up it by setting supl a-gps server to "supl.google.com". Gps lock time will be about 2-3 secs.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post: