View Single Post
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Errm what's happening here, things seem to be getting rather heated
We don't know for sure that none of the aforementioned contributions won't qualify for the Coding Comp w/a little arm twisting.
I can't imagine it being possible for any of them to be made more palatable for the Nokia Store or Qt5 comp, but who knows.
I guess it's up to the respective parties to try their luck in the submission process for all four categories.
I just hope they're all aware now & having a go with every category, so that everyone has the best chance possible.

Originally Posted by chemist View Post
There is no channel more appropriate than the mailinglist. Full-stop!
TMO is not maemo.org but used by its members. (thought I did not need to elaborate this as it is widely known). Do you want to use the garage system or even bugzilla for this or maybe #maemo?
Stop it now!
You seem to have missed the point that I, ima, & others have tried to make here...
If the longer-term aspiration is to have far wider community involvement when it comes to such evaluations, then a mail-list isn't the best mechanism.
It doesn't bother me either way, we're just putting it out there for future considerations, again not for this thread ofc.

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Furthermore, Coding Competition had priority over other categories when picking devices they like to have as awards - only due to good will of CC organizers, they're using fair share of 1/4 pool. Technically, if they would want whole lot of N950's they would get it.
Unfortunately, Council doesn't have any impact on those rules, made by Nokia. But, to be fair - they were not obliged to give us *any* devices, so lets use what we have in best possible way.
TBH I don't understand why they're distributing them at all this time...
It should've just been all N9's, it'd get rid of 99% of the silly debates...
Not long after the the last CDP QGil was talking about a successor program that would be all N9's.
Partly for that reason.....

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-06-02 at 13:58. Reason: typo

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post: