View Single Post
Originally Posted by chemist View Post
you are in the position to talk with someone who has the power to swap devices from the other categories to CA, one job of your new position!)
Tried that already - see mailing list archives. Besides that, +1 to what lma is saying.

Side note, but funny thing:
When chanop on #maemo is going psycho, and locks factoids against edits + decline to change info about TMO - set by some idiot to "tmo is http://talk.maemo.org, or trolls, m|o|r|o|n|s, oxen" - You try to convince me, that childlish, non- responsible channel moderators, on official #maemo channel, isn't anything, that Council is eligible to take action about.

Then, when Nokia make 2 programs absolutely not related to Council (and, in fact, to maemo.org), You're telling me that it's my duty to talk with them about it.

Eh?(tm)

/Estel

// Edit

Originally Posted by chemist View Post
yeah nice to have overclocking... made DocScrutinizer, myself and many others help people with borked devices in #maemo... someone then edited the channel topic stating if there is someone with overclocking, kernelpower or $few-other-things, reflash and come back again... for KP this may have changed...
Yea, that's your great deal of participating in spreading FUD, as there is no *single* confirmed damage to any N900 due to overclocking. in 995 of cases, any problems are related to user-error or software installed, another 1% just don't answer back.

Still, You were spreading FUD's up to current day - we had "sharp" discussion about it few days ago, haven't we?
---

anyway, it's again gone too much off-topic. Please, stay on target.

// Edit 2

vi_, there is no way to move N950's from other categories to Community Awards. This was official answer from qgil

Furthermore, Coding Competition had priority over other categories when picking devices they like to have as awards - only due to good will of CC organizers, they're using fair share of 1/4 pool. Technically, if they would want whole lot of N950's they would get it.

Unfortunately, Council doesn't have any impact on those rules, made by Nokia. But, to be fair - they were not obliged to give us *any* devices, so lets use what we have in best possible way.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-06-01 at 22:20.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: