View Single Post
I have just come back from a trip to Japan where I extensively tested this new kernel with the camera applications
- cameraui
- blessn900
- panorama

The veredict is - extremely unreliable behavior.

I am very much inclined to blame *PANORAMA* for most of my troubles, but at the same time I'm hesitant to put the blame on a camera application written by Nokia...

Here is an ordinary test scenario that I repeated everyday during this trip:
- start by taking photos with cameraui, opening and closing the lens cover several times as I walked through sightseeing
- ocasionally close cameraui, open blessn900, take a few snaps
- go back to cameraui closing blessn900, take some more snaps
- close cameraui, open panorama (waiting forever), take 1 panorama
- ok, close lens, after a while take another panorama
- be angry because panorama either crashes or can't take photos
- kill panorama, restart it, try again

More often than not, panorama would render my device unusable for photography. I would have to reboot just in order to be able to take any photos.

One particular symptom was that the shutter button would no longer shoot, but instead would launch new instances of the cameraui.

With cameraui, I would be able to shoot with the keyboard but for blessn900 for example this was very annoying.

I tried several times using only the stock profile but also tried with a UXV profile up to 805mhz with SmartReflex enabled.
Nothing helped.

Video capturing was very sluggish but I expected this since I wasn't overclocking enough for about 70% of the time. So, working as expected anyways...

During these 10 days, I found that the device would ultimately require a reboot whenever I :
- enabled an overclocked profile that ran undervoltage
- tried blessn900 or panorama (especially with panorama)
- the device would be completely unusable for photography
That's why I tried to stick with the stock profile...*sigh*

I'm stuck with a huntch that this problem must relate to intensive disk I/O, and that whith undervolted overclocking, something starts going wrong and those photo apps that do a lot of temp read/write get somehow f*cked up. This will eventually affect also the cameraui and the shutter button behavior.

Oh, and yes I always made sure only 1 camera app was running at a time.

Don't really know how to proceed from here but I'm so pissed at this malfunction that I'm eager to participate intensively on a testing effort to try and find the culprit. Freemangordon, if you've anything on your mind, drop a line.

Last edited by carloxic; 2012-05-30 at 09:21.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to carloxic For This Useful Post: