View Single Post
Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
Real fanboyism to me is borderline fanatism, you could call it the hooligans of the mobile phones. As someone stated earlier in this thread they will defend it till death. It has become part of them, the thing they believe in. Their feelings and what the device stands for has meltet together.
So whenever someone talks negative about what they like or says that another OS is better, you, in their heads, talks bad about their person and it is understandable people will defend themself when they feel attacked, but that's the problem no one is attacking them personally and the fanboy can't see that and no matter what valid arguments you bring up the'll still feel attacked and protect their device (themself).
This is a very black and white point of view I state here, I know that and that's not how it's really like, it's more greyed out and not that esy to distingouish or label somebody a tru fanboy.
I used fanboyism in my first post as I see some people here on TMO fitting that label in some degree, on some level more or less.
There's more to it than that, you got personalities, upbringing, maturity and so forth.
I think the main problem is immature behaver and lack of lufe experience that'll show you won't get anywhere in life with an agressive behavior. You'll push people away and alienate yourself and won't broaden your knowledge/horizon.
The diversity if opinions is what makes the world move on, but fanboyism/fanatism is what makes people fight.
Disagreements is part of life, but as long as you respect the other person you wont demean the other person.

I feel some tension building up in this thread, remember an opinion is not a law and therefore opinions are equal no matter the deliver.

Regards Dousan...

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan

Last edited by Dousan; 2012-05-26 at 11:47.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dousan For This Useful Post: