View Single Post
Originally Posted by mikaelh View Post
If I can remember how to make it run as a daemon, script would be more than sufficient for my purposes.

Have you tried extended play on the n810? I never could make it play for a longer time without random breaks on the Ubuntu box.
Same binary worked on N900. Made rude scripts for n8x0/n900 that start/stop it and install missing dependencies on first run. I may have missed something since both of my installs are from several years back and I've installed a lot of stuff. Script uses killall so if you use avahi-publish-service for anything else, you may need to fix it (or just run the binary).

Script must be run as root (shairport runs as normal user) and N900 version doesn't really need root rights if everything needed is installed.

I guess the C version is unfinished and buggy since it's totally ignored by docs, but I didn't notice any bad issues with it yet. You can't set a password though.

Code:
tar xvzf shairport_nxxx.tar.gz
root
cd /path/to/shairport_xxxxxxx
./airplay.sh start|stop
And as always, you shouldn't download random stuff from a random forum, especially if it requires root rights.

EDIT: I've attached another binary (shairport.gz) for those who need to run a command on client connect/disconnect (for example to power on/off amplifier/speakers). Just gunzip shairport.gz and replace the shairport binary in bin-directory. It's not working on daemon mode so you need to start it in the background with & without using -d. Those who don't need such a feature don't need to download shairport.gz.
Attached Files
File Type: gz shairport_n900.tar.gz (28.3 KB, 147 views)
File Type: gz shairport_n8x0.tar.gz (41.1 KB, 121 views)
File Type: gz shairport.gz (28.2 KB, 106 views)

Last edited by ukki; 2012-05-27 at 15:58.

The Following User Says Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post: