View Single Post
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Not entirely true, Jaffa. Direct access to voting infrastructure - including starting voting, etc - is available only to X-Fade&co (see old problems with Code Competition voting). Only one thing SD69 can do, is talking with them.

Yet, during last Council meeting, his partners on technical/Nokia payed side answered, that "voting is covered". IMO, SD69 was not able to do anything more *before* voting start date.

Although, I agree that now, when voting start time passed, it's needed to contact them again. To avoid "communication breakdown" and hearing - after 6 months - that no one tried to contact them about this problem, we should not "ping" anyone, but fill official, trackable bug.

Which is the thing I'm doing now. I'll update this post with bug report.

/Estel

// Edit

Here it is:
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12612
Please, vote for it.

Due to fact that I'm Council candidate too, I'll now comment, what do I think about it as whole. Especially, that it wouldn't be pleasant to read.
i don't think "bug" is the proper way to handle this
it is an administrative issue, not a technical one.
e-mailing QGil or X-Fade (or anyone else in contact with NOKIA / Nemein (which is the company hosting some of the Maemo infrastructure, i think)) seems more adequate.
what are QGil's or X-Fade's e-mail addys ?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post: