View Single Post
Originally Posted by WhitP View Post
OK, I've had a chance to fiddle with this for a while. All that we want to do is possible but it needs someone with a bit of coding experience (not me) to sort out some details. The easy way within the NDEF standard to autostart an application is with a URI with a 'file://' prefix. To toggle bluetooth on/off if ToggleBT is installed should be easy..... If someone knows how to modify ext:nokia.com:bt so it doesn't shut off BT after a few seconds without an active pairing it's even easier...

Unfortunately there might be a glitch in the N9's handling of URI as it doesn't recognize 'file://' as in the NDEF standard. The hex form '0x1D' is recognized but without adding the application to the NDEF handler (http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qtmobility/q...ldmanager.html)it assumes it should be opened as a web document. NFCInteractor got added to the NDEF handler on installation so it's possible for someone who knows what they're doing - i.e. not me.....
Any further progress? I bought few Mifare tags as well, currently I can only open web page, send sms or call someone. (Or launch nfcInteractor app). I got NFC religion after purchasing Nokia Play (not cared about nfc at the time) and see it working and also thanks to Sony Experia demo.
Currently ProfileMatic seems like most promising.