View Single Post
Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Really depends on what you expect your use case to be, and the applications you intend to use on the server.

I used to use the N810 as a VNC remote to a Mythtv box (works great upto 800X480), and also played with the tcp/ip interface. The Mythweb package works well with the N810 standard browser. There is a "mobile" style web interface called mythmagic which should work well with the N810 - I have it installed on my server so I will give it a go..

For a tivo there is a remote called pyTivo, which should work quite happily on the N810 as it uses Python, and no fancy graphics.

Also fairly sure that at one point there was a fairly nice remote to Windows Media center although it is probably depreceated now.

not sure about XMBC. There is a remote for the N900, but dont think it'll work due to the QML version required.

for Music playback, the Squeezeserver and players are nice. Squeezeserver is a free opensource webserver, and the interface has a skin designed for the earlier Maemo tablets.

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

The Following User Says Thank You to gazza_d For This Useful Post: