View Single Post
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
My N9 is made in China. Then I saw a Lumia 800 and the glass was a little bit more curved, the polycarbonate snugged the glass more accurately (I have about half a millimeter gap, and the glass is a little bit raised so my fingernail stops at the tiny ridge. Neither the gap nor the ridge were there on the lumia). I didn't want to believe Elop's crap about a "refinement to the N9" so I rushed to a shop to check out a Finnish N9. It was about the same as mine just a little bit more matte (that could be just from use - sliding in and out of pockets - my N900 had become almost glossy after 2 years), and the finish of the polycarbonate was better (my unit has one or two very slight bumps). I was relieved for some time but today I saw another one at another store. Flawless! I was devastated. No gap at'all. Light-absorbing matte. You could feel nothing but the texture change swiping from the body to the glass. It was just perfect. So how can we distinguish the poorly built from the best without opening the box? They had a Lumia side by side and it was better than my N9 but really not as smooth as the sample N9. Is it completely random due to the high precision needed? Or was the other one I saw chinese with PR001 firmware (I couldn't see the made in tag, I just checked the firmware version)

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post: