View Single Post
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
What "new" drivers are you referring to?
The SGX drivers that are practically similar to the ones in Harmattan that we also have working on N900 and published as part of the Nemo/MeeGo efforts, which have improvements that the Fremantle SGX drivers does not have.

True that mobile OS is not easy to get to from desktop OS. I assume when you say Maemo, you mean fremantle. And when you say mobile, you mean cellphone.

I sometimes think we might be better off letting go of the cellphone hw adaptations and target a N8x0 era solution consisting of a (let it be closed because we can't get it open anyways) small cellphone w/ bt pairing to open source tablet. That opens up the options a bit. I know that is limited and puts a lot of people off, but better a small success than a large failure.

Good to have you back.
No, when I say mobile, I really mean mobile. As in, cellphones, tablets, netbooks, etc. Anything that's low power and has to move around in the physical world.

N8x0 and especially 770 shared the same issues. That's why Maemo is the way it is.

Back is a strong word and it's more likely I won't be spending terribly much time on N8x0, N900 or even N950/N9 except for my own personal interests except for anything that comes indirectly through Mer and Nemo efforts on top of hardware adaptations for these devices.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Last edited by Stskeeps; 2012-01-31 at 05:34.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post: