View Single Post
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Incorrect, in stock worldclock, one-time alarms were still saved, just inactive. One could activate the same one-time alarm over and over, and it's always active for *next* matching hour (i.e., if it is 10 AM, and Alarm set off on 11 AM, activating it will make it ring after 1 hour. Yet, if it is already noon, 11 AM alarm will ring on 11 AM tommorow).

In replacement worldclock, one-time alarms disappear after deactivation (aren't saved). I'm not sure about moment of disappearance (instantly? on reboot?), but they vanish.

So, nice catch megaexer. I wonder, if fixing it is relatively easy, or not? ade, what do you think?

/Estel
It is just that the approach is different.

-The stock clock puts a one-time alarm on inactive after it has gone off.
-The replacement clock removes a one-time alarm after is has gone off.

It has nothing to do with saving afterwards or reboots to make it go away. The approach of the replacement clock makes more sense to me. It was a one-time alarm after all. In the stock clock, I have to remove my old one-time alarms by hand afterwards to clean it up. If you want to repeat alarms see the suggestion of peter2p.

One-time alarms and repeat sound somewhat like a contradiction to me

But of course options to not remove old alarms can be created in theory (before the suggestion is done here)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post: