View Single Post
@freemangordon

While I generally agree, I'm afraid that in current situation, SD69 can't do anything, no matter of any pro-active drugs he may take. Furthermore, I'm quite afraid that in his position, I would be exactly powerless - there just aren't *any* real tools that council have, if Nokia (and, X-fade as it's extension) isn't willing to help.

Of course, this only apply as long as we're "tied" by relationship with Nokia.

Both You and ivgalvez are right about need to move projects into sphere that is actually controllable by contributors - yet, I think that it would be best to move *all* infrastructure out of Nokia's "patronage" - no matter if under maemo name (which I doubt is possible) or not.

Of course, this require fundraising, creating foundation (part, where I feel least able to propose constructive roadmap, as - unfortunately - I have no experience in solving legal issues of creating such entity), etc. the sooner, the better.

I know I'm off-topic'ing here a little, but somehow, it feels really related to CSSU and others nice projects future.

[personal rant]
It's always sad to see a person that contributed great amount of incredible stuff, becoming such miserably irresponsible. Shame on You, MAG - I would never expect, that I would have to write such thing about You, and would like to never have to.[/personal rant]

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: