View Single Post
Posts: 25 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Amsterdam
I also own both N9 and N900 and love them both. (Sure both can be better

I also owned several Android devices and hated all of them (with a vengeance), really really not get Android they all performed horrible for me. Android sucks as a phone, sucks as a tablet and anythings else you want to run it on. If you want a phone that everybody has, just sell your soul to Apple and be done with it. (At least you get something that tries to work)

Ever since I got the N9 I loved using it as a phone. It does has bugs that Nokia needs to iron out. Much like the initial Maemo releases, initial Android and initial iPhone releases.

But the N9 is not the N900... The N9 is a phone, the N900 is a power house that is also a phone.

The N900 lets me fix blood testing software in a hospital datacenter in the middle of the night while parked on the side of the road via 3G.

N9 will probably never be able to do that. Heck I even did not get OpenVPN to work on it and the VKB will, imho, never work for more then a couple of sentences or an SMS message.

Then again... I can show the N9 in public when going to a diner, one handed use via swipe is extremely handy for small tasks during the day. The AMOLED powersaving clock is a also killer feature for me...

My biggest fair with the N9 is Nokia's commitment. I'm very much afraid that Nokia's commitment to PR1.2 and any further releases are going to be minimal to non-existant.

I'm also afraid that the community is not going to get much help making CSSU updates for the N9. (specially with the lock down of the device at OS level compared to the N900)

Hopefully I'm wrong and ill informed on the last parts.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trbs For This Useful Post: