View Single Post
Originally Posted by coderedcomputing View Post
So as it stands today, would you all wait for the Nexus Prime, or any of the other 'coming soon' phones with ICS? Or just go for something like the Galaxy S II, or even the Note? I've been limping along with a dumbphone and hauling my laptop with Ubunut/Mint/Debian on it, must get an upgrade soon.
Nexus Prime for me. Even with the other ICS phones scheduled for release they are still going to have skins and go through two or three companies for updates. For example, if I have a T-Mobile brand of the Samsung Galaxy S2 the updates go like this..

Google -> Samsung -> T-Mobile -> Me

With Nexus it goes Google -> Me

Though most smartphones and tablets out there aren't a proper substitute for a real workstation. Even with the N900 and iPad2 I still find myself having to use a laptop once in a while. Which is painful considering both it and my desktop are pretty old and getting sluggish when I work with large datasets.

However, it is nice being able to remote control my computer though. So I can work on my projects from say a bathroom on my iPad2 via Splashtop or whatever. I think Splashtop also has an Android app though I haven't been able to try it yet (waiting on the Nexus Prime).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post: