Thread: Iphone VS N900
View Single Post
Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Originally Posted by Luz View Post
I owned an N900 and now an iPhone 4. I really wanted the N900 to be for me, but in the end it just didn't deliver. I am an end user, not a dev etc. So it depends what you you want out of a phone. Nokia for whatever reason provided little to no support for N900 end users, the so-called app-store shows that. I mean we were supposed to be happy with angry birds and a few other token games, it was laughable the amount of professional devs who supported it. That's because the user base is too small and there is no money to be made. Then things like BBCiplayer not working and the music player being ******ed, emulators running **** slow FPS just put me off investing any more time with the N900. So I sold it and got an iPhone. For me best decision. The iPhone because of its popularity has many apps designed for it which make some web based things that don't work on the browser work very simply. Majority of main streaming sites BBC, ITV, Sky etc have iPhone support. So for an end user iPhone is the only choice...
While I totally agree with you about BBC iPlayer and I more than agree with you abour the shitty emulation......what do you think is wrong with the Music Player?

I think the Music Player is great on the N900.

***edit. I was so disappointed with the crap emulation on the N900, I bought myself a Dingoo A320 just so I could play Gameboy Advance games at full speed. The N900 can't play GBA games for ****.