View Single Post
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Don't know if anyone else has seen this, but it sounds like Apple may have blundered, potentially seriously.

It appears that their court filings in Germany (which blocked the sale of the Tab 10.1) seriously distorted an image of the Tab, making appear much closer to the iPad in appearance, which is one of the primary issues their complaint is based on.

The article doesn't mention it, but I've read elsewhere that if Apple loses, they would have to pay damages to Samsung. If the injunction gets lifted, I wonder if Samsung can aggressively go after Apple for damages (and at least cost them some money to defend/dispute the damage value).

I'd think this may be a small but significant victory for Android. As word gets out, I'd expect the courts in other cases to perhaps take an even closer look at the evidence Apple presents as there is now evidence that Apple has presented incorrect misleading evidence (intentionally or not) in at least one case. The lawyers opposing Apple are now sure to try even harder to point out errors, no matter how small in Apples' cases as part of their defense. Which in turn could lead to more favorable outcomes for Android.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lemmyslender For This Useful Post: