View Single Post
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Radu View Post
The problem is, we have very limited options, and Android is the most open of the currently available cellphone OSes (Meego and Symbian are kind of dead), and iOS and WP7 are not exactly very open.
The N9 phone is not really an upgrade to the n900. It has a slightly faster CPU, bigger screen and more RAM, but it loses the keyboard, FM transmitter, and notification light. It probably loses even the Flash 9.1.
how can u say its dead!? I mean if your a real open source guru like me u dont care about if companys doesnt give support as long as much as possible is open. I dont care if there only is 2000 good apps instead of 20000 bad apps.

They say there is about 2 percent using linux on desktop. Still it is the best option for me.

I dont get why its so important for people get so called support most time support from companys means security bugfixes for crappy os anyway. with open source os bugs are fixes alot faster without company byrocraty.

true for most people is they use Windows/android or IOS cause they friends says its best without check what could be best for themselfs.

Personally I prefer real linux on my mobile/webserver and at home.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-08-05 at 16:55.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post: