View Single Post
Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
Would anyone be interested in helping me out by buying off my european developer discount code?
You save money, i get a device too...

I'm considering my options but i think i have to resort to this to make it more practical for me if i'm ever to get this device and develop on it...

So here is the story:

Like many canadians who participated in the developer program and got accepted, i had to choose another country and since i have family in France i chose France. But then realised that a) i'm gonna get an azerty keyboard but worst b) I'm probably just going to get channels 10-13 for wi-fi as France has used the other channels for militaries (leaving me with only 10-11 working back home). And I got confirmation that I can't change the code to be a US one where i would have had a contact too...

This code will work in other countries in europe with participating shops like the UK one where you'll be able to get a qwerty with the normal 1-13 wifi channels. Problem is, nokia.co.uk requires a credit card in the country and ship to that CC's address... And since i don't know anybody there, my only bet is to sacrifice channels 12 and 13 by selling my code to someone who was going to buy it anyway and use that cash to buy it back in Canada.

Does that make sens or am i confusing? :-)
Anyone from europe would be interested to save a bit and help a fellow developer?

It's supposed to cost 99E with that code and i see it on sale for 499E on the nokia.fr shop.
So a bid bellow 350E would make sens.

EDIT: let's say 295 Euro (435 CAD), less won't make sense for me if I need to buy another one here.

Last edited by R-R; 2007-12-10 at 17:27.