Thread: Odds and ends
View Single Post
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
It just would be nice to super blast Vagalume and Pyradio after agreeing to some type of warning that I could very likely shatter my tablet by cranking the volume much too excessively.
The majority of pyRadio's backend code came from MediaBox. The standard backends MAFW (N900) and OSSO (N8x0) are closed source IIRC. The developer of MediaBox was able to reverse engineer some commands to control those. I am very limited in what I can do with the audio backend on any device.

Originally pyRadio used gstreamer, but when using gstreamer some audio tricks didn't work such as listening to the radio when the phone is in 'silent' mode or using the standard volume controls to raise/lower the volume.

For my N810 (I found it and booted it up just for you ) there is a speaker icon on the top right by the Battery, Wireless, and Bluetooth icons. Clicking that and turning it up/down turns pyRadio up and down as well. It also doesn't change in between songs.

Now, I've never owned an N800 but AFAIK the Operating Systems on the N810 and N800 are identical.. the major difference is the keyboard on the N810.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post: