View Single Post
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
Hi there dr_frost_dk. Nice work once again.

I am an audio lover but i don't understand much about electric components.

5 years ago i modded my n-gage tm so that it could have stereo speakers, using the stereo signal from the headphone jack, and i had some sucess with that, except the fact that the volume was really low. At that time i knew that i needed some Amp for that but never found any. Thanks to you i think my search is finally over

But now i have other idea, this one related to N900. I have received 2 days ago 2 barebones (without the motherboard) of 2 clevos m570ru-u from a friend, and that laptop have an subwoofer plus 2 speakers.

My idea is to use one of that subwoofer plus the stereo system inbuilt on n900, but i don't know how to use both system's at the same time, since when i plug the jack on the n900, the internal speakers shut down, as normal.

So the amp would be only used to the subwoofer.

This is an extra but is there any way to put some external volume control on the subwoofer?

The only tecnical spec about the subwoofer that i found is this "1x Built-in Woofer 2W".

I want to ask you some advices about this idea, if it has some viability or not, since i love the current sound of the n900, but it lacks some bass

Thanks in advance and sorry for the bad english and the wall of text

Last edited by SSLMM; 2011-07-07 at 02:49.