View Single Post
Originally Posted by JohnLF View Post
Any decent security system consists of two elements: something you have and something you know. Link your face to a password and neither element on it's own would grant you access. Anyone with half a brain could see that is better than a password on its own...
[OFF-TOP]For me it's like MAC filtering on Your home AP (well, I mean not Your personally but who knows... ), or "hidden" networks, without broadcasting ssid. Or even worse, disabling dhcp as means of "Security". Sorry - I haven't measured how many percents of brain remain in this geeky head, but I don't see how "protecting" anything with such a easily obtainable thing as photo of Your face is any real addition to password.

You said "something that You have". Yea, as far as it's something that "only You have". Thinking like that, we can assume that even password demand something that You have - using of fingers. Everyone else also have this? Photo of someone else face is only 1% harder to obtain.

Fingerprint recognition is other thing - much harder to bypass for "kids" (ho ever, still quite easy to reproduce fingerprint, if You really prepare for "attack").

It's really sad how much computing power (and time, and money) is wasted for such "wishful thinking" about security - like virtual keyboards for logging into bank account But, whatever - it's really out of scope of this thread.
[/OFF-TOP]

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: