View Single Post
Originally Posted by jonarmani View Post
My N900 was accidentally left in my pants when they went into the washing machine. I tried the usual (bag of rice, leave on top of an old TV for 24 hours, etc.) but after days of trying I am calling it dead, and have already bought a super-cheap $20 replacement phone for now until maybe I can afford another N900 (or find another cool smartphone).

My question is: What do I do with the N900? It's broken, no indication of booting up or anything . . . are there any good hardware parts inside I should worry about de-soldering or anything?
There is more than likely still water inside, you need to completely strip the thing down and let it dry. It is extremely hard to get the water out without opening the device up.

Further more your battery is probably fecked if it has been submersed in water for a significant amount of time.

1. Strip down and dry out properly.
2. Get new battery (any battery, $1 special whatever to eliminate possibility of screwed battery).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post: