View Single Post
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
My ideal phone is a clamshell with big screen and kbd inside plus smsmall screen outside (like the nokia e90), with open bootloader, open source drivers for hw, running Debian
I also miss this clamshell concept. I had both the 9300 and E90. Still have both of em actually. Not to mention the HTC Universal which is also clamshell but swivels like a tablet/notebook. If they could make a device like this which had Maemo/Android and even Wp7 on it I would be all over it. I believe the Maemo/Android would be the better match with the dual screens I believe it will just work so much better and more fluent. If I S60v3 wasn't so dead I would use my E90 much more than I currently do. At any note though Nokia needs to use all of it's resources and use that to it's advantage. I still think dual booting Maemo on their devices is the way to go. If they will treat it as an experimental OS thats a good way to get it out to the masses. Maybe not do it on every device but on their flagship devices it would be a def plus. Especially if they just implemented it on a sd card or partial partition of the device for speed.