View Single Post
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by Snoshrk View Post
Hey Bun! Great to see you back on TMO

Quick question about the Optimus V and VirginMobile....

WiFI tethering....?

I currently have USCelluar(DumbPhone) and their cheapest Android plan is ~$70/month+$ tethering(I think) and I keep looking at that VM $25 Unlimited plan.

Plan: Cheap Data plan android (ie VM) + Tablet (N800 for now replacing the N800 with rooted NookColor when my cashflow improves )

Later

Snoshrk
Hey, good to see you around too !

Wifi tethering is great! If you are good, you tweak and tether yourself. I am NOT that good. I use a 'paid' program PdaNet, tether in one minute. And the netbook, not a very powerful computer anyway, when tether via LG Optimus V, be it 3G or wifi, the netbook is very responsive. I would brag that one cannot tell it is tethering. VirginMobile does have a fairuse policy. I dont know wether it has any user policy against tethering. Presumably tether once a week, I guess, should not be a problem. Of, tether 24/7 will trigger something. And dont forget, this virgin mobile has NO contract. anytime I am not happy, booooom, i jump ship. That is the advantage of no contract. I have people switch from android to iphone for ? reason, now seeing my android, regret their decison. But they cannot switch back, as iphone/atnt locked them into a 2 year contract.

I just moved into this town, less than 3 weeks. I am not in a position to lock into a 2 year contract. I am happy with virgin mobile, so far. And I am happy with this little LG Optimus.

Hey, good to see all those old timers drop by. come on, we dont need Nokia to have a good time. We may do better if Nokia put out something nice. But hey, if Nokia does not do squat. We still can have a community of our own. Right?

Edit: I just check, Snoshrk, your boone/IW is covered. you should be fine in town. Again, when going west, you will enter into a blackhole. Then the question one ask himself/herself: you want to pay a lot of money so that you are always ready to go CA or you rather save a few buck, and put up with the possible once a year CA trip? I have no plan to go west at this moment, I am fine with NOT being able to go west.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2011-06-11 at 22:08.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post: