View Single Post
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Hey, how do you like this thread search response,
"No similar topics found. Start your thread and let the community discuss it." yap, lets go...

I have moved.
I moved from a metro to a small city. There are only three supermarkets in town. But I wake up to wild geese flying overhead, watching fish jumping, wood ducks quacking... Yes, I am living at a river, watching the water flow any time I want to. I think the trade off is worth it. I was in the market for dataplan and cellphone in the last 2 wks, as tmob does not work here. I would like to drop a note or 2 for myself in case I have to do it again.

Cellphone providers

Atnt
Virizon
Sprint

Payasyougo
VirginMobile (sprint coverage without roaming)
PagePlus (Virizon coverage?)

I go between workplace and home most of the time. I dont talk much.
VirginMobile 25$/month, unlimited data/text, 300 min talktime, no contract, sprint coverage, no roaming. Phone dead when in the areas of no coverage. Currently Sprint covers ND to NY, good. ND to CA dead. Again, no raoming, so it is dead. In my small town, 3G coverage is very reliable, not a problem whatsoever, been with it for 1 wk and like it so far. Goodbye tmob.

Cellphone from VM ranged from $30 to, $200 somewhat smartphones.

I picked up a LG Optimus V from walmart for $200+tax; pumped in a $25 prepaid credit, it worked right out of the box, day1! It runs android 2.2.1, Google Navigation with turn-to-turn voice guide caught the gps signal eye-blinking! not lag time or wait time! This is a 'shock' for people that are 'trained' with N810 and N900. Ouch, it hurts Oh, Optimus from walmart has a 30 day return policy, or Amazon.com for $169.99.

LG Optimus V
has a 3.2" capacitance screen with multitouch, very responsive. so far, I have been running with any TV programs I can find under android. And runs very smooth.
512 MB storage with microSD.

Entertainment: AnimalPlanet, Discovery, E!Online, msnbc, TMZ, tv.com, UCvideoaudio, webTV, Youtube, TVChina, CCTV, DIRECTV. Each of these carries over 40 - 50 programs, and each program contains over 30+ broadcast. There is no way any human being can exhause this TV listings! I repeat, it streams so smooth, it has no difference than watching from my real TV

News:CNN, fox(?), CBSnews

PDA
: no thrill PDAs softwares available. DocToGo, spreadsheet/calenders/todo from google markets

Sip: Skype, Fring, crystal clear, no stuttering with 3G/wifi

Browser: FF, Opera, and the built-in one

Integrated with VoiceActivated from google, a very nice features and fun to use. Google search is voice activated, just talk to your cellphone, it searches! Navigation too! Just say your destination, it open up the navigation and route and reroute, eye-blinking

Pros: runs android, free apps more than one want
512 Mb
Froyo came right out of box

Cons: runs android, a handicapped smartphone when compared to our ex, the N8x0 or the n900. Well, I am just a user, I am not into any debate of anything.
3.2" screen is the biggest handicap. Oh well, I have been trained with n900, 3.5 in screen. Not a make-or-break issue.
no hardware keyboard

A little bit side note: I have not touched the n900 for 3 days. I have not touched N810,N800, 770 for 4 monthes. Today I booted them up just to take pics for comparison. ALL went up without any hiccup, except the n900 . the battery is gone for the n900. While all others can store charge when not in use, the n900 does have battery issue.

To me, the LG optimus V is the closest n900 replacement I have found. Comments?

No pic, no story. Here are the pics, enjoy

The last pic is the LG sitting on N900, a comparison of the thickness and size.
bun
Attached Images

Last edited by bunanson; 2011-06-13 at 19:45.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post: