View Single Post
Posts: 291 | Thanked: 398 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ USA
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
Might be that Mr. Google doesn't like that in app is called Youtube - I mean, a non-official app. Also the use of the Youtube logo might be considered questionable...
Thanks for bringing that up, I never thought I will release these changes to public; the logo will be replaced with something else in the next update.

Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
Good modification and i actually prefer it over the Marxian QML version. The only thing i wish is you leave the "comment" and "related videos" in the same page like the QML version but i guess it can't be done since it's not a QML version.
It's not that it can't be done, the thing is video thumbnail already occupied almost half of the screen, though it can be resized when comment button activated, but I still figure out the way to do it effectively without adding too many code lines to the app. Performance is always my ultimate goal. As you can see this app source code is only less than half of the size of original one.

Originally Posted by pelago View Post
The app's called YTube, not YouTube, but I agree the use of the logo might not be a good idea...

Nice to see someone taking up the Python version of CuteTube and improving it. Out of interest, did you discuss this or send patches to Marxian first? He might have wanted to update his version with your improvements.
I did post several changes in his thread but he seems to want peoples start using his QML version instead.

Originally Posted by Wichall View Post
What are the benefits of a python version vs QML?
- Ex. built-in video player, and many things I rather don't discuss them here. Download and try them both for yourself, and uninstall them just as easy as a push of button.

Originally Posted by ggroen View Post
Looks real great! Plays well as well, no hick ups or starting problems, but.. In my case I can'return to the beginning after playing a video. The 'backwards' button revokes the same video over and over... Someting I overlook or a bug?
Push once will restart the video, push again will take you back to previous video; it’s a default behavior of almost every media player. For playing single video the backwards/forward buttons won't be visible, use slider to move back and forth.

Originally Posted by slender View Post
In video list view title text of video overlaps description text
You meant the video info screen? The description area is scrollable which you may have accidentally scrolled it.

Finally, thank you all for submitting your feedbacks here, which really helps in the next update. And I want you all to know that I won't push out an update just for single or a few small changes unless it's a critical bug. I currently aim at least more than 5 improvements or changes to worth an update, which of course is more convenience for me and for everyone as well. And all the changes are always thoroughly tested on the N900 device before they are in repository.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to khuong For This Useful Post: