maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   SailfishOS (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   [Solved] Unable to connect to Jolla phone via SSH (wifi) (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=96633)

gsalone 2016-04-11 19:20

[Solved] Unable to connect to Jolla phone via SSH (wifi)

Tried via WinSCP, and Putty, neither work.
Don't remember installing anything, and it was working some time ago, but now not. Instead I get message "Network error: Connection timed out".

I got Sailfish 2.0.0.10.
Any ideas?

pichlo 2016-04-11 19:35

Re: Unable to connect to Jolla phone via SSH (wifi)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsalone (Post 1503316)
Any ideas?

Millions. Did you double- and triple-check your IP address? Are you even on the same network? That is quite common in the corporate environment, employees' mobile devices are on different networks.

Did you disable and re-enable developer mode in the meantime? It shoul not happen but it has happened to me at least once: disabling and re-enabling dev mode reset the password and I had to set it again. Though in such a case I would expect a different error than 'network timeout'.

gsalone 2016-04-11 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by pichlo (Post 1503317)
Millions. Did you double- and triple-check your IP address? Are you even on the same network? That is quite common in the corporate environment, employees' mobile devices are on different networks.

Did you disable and re-enable developer mode in the meantime? It shoul not happen but it has happened to me at least once: disabling and re-enabling dev mode reset the password and I had to set it again. Though in such a case I would expect a different error than 'network timeout'.

Yes to all unfortunately... tried all of the above and multiple times and restarting the device in between.

jellyroll 2016-04-11 19:46

Go to developer mode en set your ssh password and try to connect while keeping the developermode window open. I do face the same error when i'm on a windows system.

gsalone 2016-04-11 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by jellyroll (Post 1503320)
Do you use SFOS on a N5?

Nope. Jolla phone.

Feathers McGraw 2016-04-11 20:31

This happens to services sometimes when they fail to start properly. If you've changed any ssh settings it could be an error in your configuration file. What is the output of:

Code:

sudo systemctl status sshd
?

jellyroll 2016-04-11 20:37

Gsalone, answer McGraw.

gsalone 2016-04-11 20:55

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw (Post 1503327)
This happens to services sometimes when they fail to start properly. If you've changed any ssh settings it could be an error in your configuration file. What is the output of:

Code:

sudo systemctl status sshd
?

I executed
Code:

systemctl status sshd
(sudo is not recognized), output in attached photo.

gsalone 2016-04-11 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by jellyroll (Post 1503320)
Go to developer mode en set your ssh password and try to connect while keeping the developermode window open. I do face the same error when i'm on a windows system.

I did that too, not working either.

Feathers McGraw 2016-04-11 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsalone (Post 1503331)
I executed
Code:

systemctl status sshd
(sudo is not recognized), output in attached photo.

Sorry, I forgot I installed sudo myself because it's so ingrained in my habits, I meant devel-su!

Looks like it failed to start, let's see why:

Code:

devel-su journalctl -u sshd