maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   SailfishOS (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   why no date displayed (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=92274)

dirtymoon 2014-01-04 20:07

why no date displayed

cant believe i cant display the date near the clock on the homescreen, mystified the browser doesnt rotate and a little disapointed the haptic feedback is so weak. Anyone know of any fixes for these problens yet?

ZogG 2014-01-04 20:10

Re: why no date displayed

Use together.jolla.com for feature requests

Morpog 2014-01-04 20:14

vibration is weak? wtf, it's too hard, I'd prefer it alot softer.

dirtymoon 2014-01-04 20:18

mine is much much weaker than the n9. maybe faulty

Mikkosssss 2014-01-04 20:35

Its not about how strong its about how fast it is. N9 had lot faster and thats better for keyboard.

Lock screen pulley menu shows date. :)

Rauha 2014-01-04 20:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtymoon (Post 1403808)
cant believe i cant display the date near the clock on the homescreen .

The whole home screen is pretty useless at the moment. Its just a chore one has to flick trough when activating the phone. Honestly no idea why they implemented it so. Not to mention why the Ambience change has to take both out of left- and right side of the screen gestures. It hardly warrants even one of those functions and at maxium it should have just one gesture.

Quote:

mystified the browser doesnt rotate

Browser is in late Alpha-stage at the moment. Install Android Firedox or Dolphin, and forget about the native browser until it reaches at least beta-stage.

Quote:

a little disapointed the haptic feedback is so weak

I like it the way it works.

Mikkosssss 2014-01-04 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rauha (Post 1403824)
The whole home screen is pretty useless at the moment. Its just a chore one has to flick trough when activating the phone. Honestly no idea why they implemented it so. Not to mention why the Ambience change has to take both out of left- and right side of the screen gestures. It hardly warrants even one of those functions and at maxium it should have just one gesture.

I like it now. You can always see clock with one peek and its not wasting screen space.

Morpog 2014-01-04 21:17

yeah, peek is great

Rauha 2014-01-04 21:27

Ok, but apart from peeking the clock and notifications for messages, what else use is the home screen coming from dark/shutdown screen?

Something like 90% of time, homescreen really is only a chore. You can't even click on message/email notification to take you to those messages. And having two different gestures for Ambiance change is just a massive opportunity lost. Does anyone change Ambience often enough for it warranting even a single gesture from home screen, not to mention the two existing two gestures from homescreen?

Morpog 2014-01-04 21:46

Well, january update will be a feature update.