maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Nokia N9 / N950 (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   N9 keeps restarting (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=86797)

n0expire 2012-09-12 11:29

N9 keeps restarting

After installing a program called qt( it was supposed to boost the phone) my phone keeps restarting. If I put the usb and connect it to pc...it switches on but stays on lock screen and i can't do a thing. I tried to flash it but I've set it to "mass storage" before so it goes in this mode by itself when I put the usb in...and I read that it is supposed to be in sync mode to flash it...but how can I make it in sync mode when I can't even unlock it and go to home screen...pls HELP

thedead1440 2012-09-12 11:38

Re: N9 keeps restarting

well just switch off your phone, enter the commands to flash and then plug your phone it in...mass storage or what wont matter if your phone is off...

n0expire 2012-09-12 11:51

I tried it and something starts to happen...but after a few seconds the window closes and nothing happens. The phone display switches off and the LED lamp is blinking and that's it

thedead1440 2012-09-12 11:54

well thats because you are not doing it correctly...

open cmd.exe as admin on your pc
cd c:\program files\nokia\flasher
flasher -f -F rootfs.bin -R

once a suitable device is not found message comes up plug in your powered off device to the pc...

n0expire 2012-09-12 12:08

a window opens and closes instantly...is it possible that my windows flasher is not good...it is version 3.12.1 I'm pretty desparate...I don't want to take it to the service care because it will take a lot of time i suppose and i don't have other phone i need this one

thedead1440 2012-09-12 12:09

the window opens and closes as you didn't run cmd.exe as admin first!

Just follow my earlier posts steps and you will run it...

n0expire 2012-09-12 12:23

I do exactly as you say and the same happens...I switch off the phone and unplug the usb, than I write the flasher commands and it says "not suitable usb ...something" than I plug the usb and in the cmd window something happens and some text appears and goes down and after 1-2 seconds the window closes but the text goes down too fast so I can't see what is written there...pls help me :(

thedead1440 2012-09-12 12:30

1 Attachment(s)
ok rename your file to rootfs.bin then copy the extracted file from the attached .zip to the exact directory where flasher is located then right click this file and run as admin...

n0expire 2012-09-12 13:12

I did what you said and that's what happens...i run the program as administrator and some text appears fast than it stops and it's written "finishing in error state with status 10" and also "ERROR failed to flash image" and upper text says "something terminated with error code 10: security failure" :( i will shoot myself in the head ;(

thedead1440 2012-09-12 13:13

did you have device lock enabled on your n9? then i'll get you a new one...first confirm it for me...