maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   General (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   please help,with no offense, i love maemo5 (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=81485)

ibrakalifa 2012-01-10 03:35

please help,with no offense, i love maemo5

first thing that i have to say, im samsung employee, work around with tons android device is bored me up, and hey a month ago my friend sold his n900 to me, and OMG im fallin in love, i found everything, its beautifull, android never came close to my n900, but for somehow i wanna try to port maemo5 to sgs2, is it posssible?? if ur all ask me why?? i will simply tell u all, i wanna see my lovely maemo run on better HW, i wanna show to the wolrd maemo5 deserved better with MONster spec, i cant imagine how it will be, maemo5 with dualcore and 1ghz of ram, i love my n900 than all devices that samsung showing to me, trust me, when u get that ' little green robot' around u everyminutes u'll find how beautifull is freedom in n900, any advice or help?

*N900 rule!!!:)

HELLASISGREECE 2012-01-10 03:41

Re: please help,with no offense, i love maemo5

short answer: it cannot be done :(

* N900 is the best device i ever had
it's up there with psx & snes in my loved-devices-list

ibrakalifa 2012-01-10 03:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE (Post 1148182)
short answer: it cannot be done :(

* N900 is the best device i ever had
it's up there with psx & snes in my loved-devices-list

i ever read on android forum if its possible, but lack of developer wanna do this, come on, maybe somebody around here wanna try, dont u wanna see maemo run on dualcore and better ram, its will be AMAZING, BEAUTIFULL, :(

HELLASISGREECE 2012-01-10 03:45

but let just wait for other ,more experienced members, tell us their opinion on the subject.

ibrakalifa 2012-01-10 03:51

currently work on samsung gallery, when first saw android, i say to myself whow its the best, but when got n900 in my hand, omg that green robo is su*k, i wanna see maemo5 run on dualcore and better spec, maemo deserved it, come on everybody, maemo DESERVED better, i hate elop for some reason, nokia why dont u read this and slap all that andro device with ur most beautifull OS that i've ever seen!!!

HELLASISGREECE 2012-01-10 03:52

but even if it could be done... what's the reason having the beautiful and unique Maemo5 in a device without a qwerty keyboard?

all those awesome keyboard shortcuts, the awesome screenshot feature, the ease working on xterm, in emulators etc etc

i would love seeing Maemo5 on DROID/MILESTONE 4 though

yeah... THAT would be sweet

...oh N950...I want you badly

ibrakalifa 2012-01-10 03:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE (Post 1148190)
but even if it could be done... what's the reason having the beautiful and unique Maemo5 in a device without a qwerty keyboard?

all those awesome keyboard shortcuts, the awesome screenshot feature, the ease working on xterm, in emulators etc etc

i would love seeing Maemo5 on DROID/MILESTONE 4 though

yeah... THAT would be sweet

...oh N950...I want you badly

wait a minute, i will search devices that have keyboard build in around, and have 'monster spec' dualcore and 1ghz ram' thats my dream to see maemo run in better spec, :)

here it is, its looking damn cool to run maemo in it,

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i927...glide-4071.php

thats it, its keyboard built in :)

HELLASISGREECE 2012-01-10 04:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibrakalifa (Post 1148191)
wait a minute, i will search devices that have keyboard build in around, and have 'monster spec' dualcore and 1ghz ram' thats my dream to see maemo run in better spec, :)

plus, don't forget that the maemo5 powered N900 has irda and fm transmiter

2 functions that i find pretty usefull
so the monster-phone we are disscussing has to have those two included as well

mission: impossible

----

anyway , I'm out.
nice topic btw :)

woody14619 2012-01-10 04:02

The real problem is that Maemo5 is not 100% opensource. If you can talk Nokia into giving you access to the source... good luck. Lots of people have tried, offered to sign NDA agreements and the like, and nothing. Nokia is content to let Maemo go away, because they really don't want the competition on the WP7 line.

Now if you could talk Samsung into buying Maemo.... ;)

HELLASISGREECE 2012-01-10 04:06

yeah , it' not open source
i didn't write it because i wasn't 100percent sure

thanks for the clarification!