maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Multimedia (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   [Announce] quicklyrics-0.1: A quick-widget for lyric display (for now someplayer only) (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=72321)

GreatGonzo 2011-04-19 12:14

[Announce] quicklyrics-0.1: A quick-widget for lyric display (for now someplayer only)

2 Attachment(s)
This is a desktop widget to use with quick-widgets and someplayer. I am currently writing a python wrapper around the mediaplayer dbus signal and will adjust this widget to handle the internal mediaplayer as well.

Features
It will display lyrics and album art from chartlyrics.com (thanks MAG for the suggestion).
It is heavily using qml effects so don't blame me if your battery gets abused :D ( It does suspend all animation if off-screen).

As always feel free to modify tune it.

Installation:

download and unzip the package

Then either go to the directory in a terminal and start it with
Code:

quick-widgets quicklyrics.qml
or use the quick-widget GUI selector.

Alfred 2011-04-19 12:33

Re: [Announce] quicklyrics-0.1: A quick-widget for lyric display (for now someplayer only)

sounds pretty cool

EDIT:
works like a chram, although which lines should change in order to get it to roll a bit slower?

GreatGonzo 2011-04-19 13:19

Re: [Announce] quicklyrics-0.1: A quick-widget for lyric display (for now someplayer only)

you need to change scrollDuration

dan1one 2011-04-19 13:58

Looks great.

Great to see developments like this; after TuneWiki decided it was too good for Maemo.

Keep it up. I am waiting for the standard media Player compatible version.

thanks.

blipnl 2011-04-19 14:35

Great work! This will make me forget about tunewiki altogether :D

Will this be further developed into an repository app, addable to homescreen, with an UI for editing settings in homescreeen-edit mode? Ty in advance

GreatGonzo 2011-04-20 00:14

I will most likely remove the settings button from quick-widgets alltogether. They should be implemented in the widget itself. If a widget becomes popular enough I might make a debian. I will provide an 'Add Widget' entry.

babyshamie 2011-04-20 03:19

why are there 3 files

StefanoEH 2011-04-20 03:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatGonzo (Post 991787)
you need to change scrollDuration

sorry for a stupid question, but,
How to change that??

:P

GreatGonzo 2011-04-20 04:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by babyshamie (Post 992219)
why are there 3 files

To modularise code?!

GreatGonzo 2011-04-20 04:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by StefanoEH (Post 992227)
sorry for a stupid question, but,
How to change that??

:P

Open the file in a text editor and changed the number.
Close the existing widget and reload it. Or don't close the widget and reboot.

Note that the scroll duration also depends on the length of the lyrics. So it is not constant. I am looking into changing this.