maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Nokia N900 (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Amazed with this phone (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=66089)

bachagabriel 2010-11-24 00:11

Amazed with this phone

I've had this phone for almost 1 year and I have to say today I was REALLY amazed with it.

I got my female-to-female usb and I installed hostmode and connected my G7 mouse. First of all, it worked directly without having to do anything.
Next, I had installed MouseCursor so I ran the app and now I have a fully functional mouse for my N900.

I then connected my N900 to my TV, locked the screen and I was still able to use the mouse on my TV!! This is amazing, I can now sit back and use my mouse to control my N900.

I'm trying to see if I can connect multiple devices using hostmode (wireless mouse+keyboard) and it will be perfect.

I have to say I always loved this phone for everything and I never understood why people keep writing hate posts.

I also wanted to thank all maemo developers especially MohammadAG whose tweaks have really improved my N900 experience

gerbick 2010-11-24 00:39

Re: Amazed with this phone

It's not a phone. It's a mobile computer with phone capabilities ;)

Maruzko 2010-11-24 00:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by bachagabriel (Post 881654)
I've had this phone for almost 1 year and I have to say today I was REALLY amazed with it.

I have to say I always loved this phone for everything and I never understood why people keep writing hate posts.

Yes, the N900 is an amazing device.
I got brave enough and installed Nitdroid 0.0.8 once the auto-installer was available.
Installed with no issues and freaked out my friend iPhone uses when I showed them how I could dual boot between Maemo and Android.

Maemo 5 has most things. It just needs:
1. Better portrait support
2. Voice dialing
3, A few more native 3D accelerated games.

No device is perfect, but the N900 gets close.

Quote:

I also wanted to thank all maemo developers especially MohammadAG whose tweaks have really improved my N900 experience

Seconded.

Taleydra 2010-11-24 00:52

I agree and still love mine. I don't see why I won't love it a year from now. I bet it will be at least two years before something comes out that will comfortably replace my n900.

ukaef 2010-11-24 00:53

@bachagabriel true, thanks for the tip about the mouse. its good to know that no special skills are needed to connect it :)
and yes, n900 is amazing imo

snuski 2010-11-24 01:46

it took me 6 months to love my n900 after finding out what it can do its not limited and i love it!

RenaldoTT 2010-11-24 02:06

It took me a first look at it's specs and I was in love hence my avatar :)

mattbutsko 2010-11-24 02:07

i too love the n900, on it right now, but ive been craving the c6-01 lately. i am a symbian fan and the hardware is nice on it. wish the n900 was a bit thinner and nitdroid was a bit further in developement.

long live the best modern tablet!

romanianusa 2010-11-24 02:46

Quote:

I then connected my N900 to my TV, locked the screen and I was still able to use the mouse on my TV!! This is amazing, I can now sit back and use my mouse to control my N900.

Why would you want to control your N900 with a mouse when you can tab it right on the screen? It's nothing useful to me than just a show-off feature!

aligatro 2010-11-24 02:51

Totally agree with OP.
And don't you just love the names for adapters? Female-to-Female, Gender Changer, Male-to-Male... xD

Quote:

Originally Posted by romanianusa (Post 881732)
Why would you want to control your N900 with a mouse when you can tab it right on the screen? It's nothing useful to me than just a show-off feature!

With pointer you can play angry birds on TV-screen without looking at n900's screen.