maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   General (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Export SMS from N900 to Android (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=51822)

helex 2018-06-15 14:42

Re: Export SMS from N900 to Android

Quote:

Originally Posted by lameventanas (Post 1542186)
In case anyone is still migrating away from Maemo

I just had to use it. :'(

Thanks a lot for sharing! :)

lameventanas 2018-06-15 14:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by helex (Post 1545515)
I just had to use it. :'(

Thanks a lot for sharing! :)

Wow I was not the last one!

Welcome to civilization ;)

peterleinchen 2018-06-15 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by lameventanas (Post 1545516)
Wow I was not the last one!

Welcome to civilization ;)

WUT?
You mean welcome to mainstream walled garden?

SMS is still working fine on my N900!

ThePianoGuy 2020-02-06 19:46

Thanks for this script! I just migrated from n900 to Android 9. On Ubuntu 18.04 I needed to install
Code:

sudo apt install libtext-csv-perl libdbd-sqlite3-perl
for the script to work.

Since Anything with SMS is not available anymore from Google Play I installed it from apkmonk. First I tried the autodetected "Message Xtreme SMSGlobal", but the order of fields was wrong and I had to delete over 15k messages - since the shitty Android Messages app doesn't offer this (because it's dangerous m'kay), I used ChompSMS. Finally, I gave up with predefined formats and used the following:
Code:

"$(folder)","$(address)","$(dateyyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss)","$(body)"
and defined "read" keyword for inbox and "sent" for sent.

pistikem 2020-02-08 02:55

i am just migrating all SMS from my >10y old N900 to my brandnew FxTec Pro1 - with physical QWERTY keyboard - running Android 9. i managed converting the el-v1.db file to a CSV file. now it's all about getting this el-v1.csv into the Pro1...will see how it works with ChompSMS. does anybody have some detailed instructions for that ? i saw ThePainoGuy's note - thanks much for this starter !

i am also curious how to get my old addressbook into the Pro1. any experience out there ?

pistikem 2020-02-08 05:19

i am a bit lost with this Anything with SMS app for my Android phone. is there somewhere an instruction how to use this thing ? i saw that one can change formats and make patterns - still, the whole workflow is pretty unclear to me currently.

a further problem is how and where to transfer by sms.csv file from my linux box to the Android phone ? jmtpfs with PTP puts the file into Images/Pictures but i don't see the file with in Android (only photos). is there a way to put it into Downloads, in case that helps to see the file as a CSV file in Android ?

last : the addressbook transfer was ultimately quite a simple task and is done.