maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Community (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Announcing my run for Council !! (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=44750)

Tintin 2010-02-16 20:35

Announcing my run for Council !!

Note:
I have elected to withdraw from running for the councilshipment-community-person-position.
It was a tough decision but one that needed to be made.
I urge that you respect my wishes for some private time with my family in the days ahead.

The platform below is sound, and I wish that it can find its way into some other councilthing-want-to-be-person's agenda.

Peace and Love to everyone.
Except the British.

I am hereby officially announcing my run for Council-Community-guy.

My platform, which is both wide and deep, consists of items such as;

- I will ensure that there will ALWAYS be a spot for the legacy devices (770, 8x0, 910, etc) and that forums (maemo/meego/msdhjdsh) will be well structured and easy to search and subscribe to!,

- I will also not own an N900 - which will make me equal to the vast majority of users here w/in the next 3-6 months and in a great position to represent the majority,

- I will come down HARD on both fanboys and haters. Posts will be deleted and accounts will be banned. This will be a friendly place if I so have to ban the lot of you!,

- I will encourage iPad jokes until I find them to be boring and repetitive,

- Avatars will going forward not be allowed - instead they will be replaced by actual baby photos of yourself,

- I will work to establish an improved and stronger relationship with Nokia - to the degree that they will let us know DAYS in advance of any device termination or OS change. It's all about building trust people. That and thrust. Mostly thrust.

- If there are more than FIVE topics in a row mentioning N900, MeeGo or the word 'Help!' they will collectively be merged with a subject line of "Blah Blah Whaa Whaa",

- Karma points will be abolished and replaced by Brownie points. These points can either be earned - or purchased at the Ovi store (see my paypal account details below).

- I will discontinue Bugzilla and replace it with a five-column on-line spreadsheet. This will also get us closer to a SSO solution than the current Council have been able to achieve in years,

- I will discontinue the Brainstorming 'tool' and replace that with a four-column spreadsheet.

Last, but not least my dear Maemogoers I promise that I will love you...all !! Well, not so much emotionally as physically. Unless you're a guy. Or, not my type. Or if you're my type but lives far away and I can't get the community to sponsor my travel cost. But for the rest of you.... good times ahead!

So, what say ye folks of Maem..Meeko?!

Do I HAVE YOUR VOTE?!?!

Dave999 2010-02-16 20:42

Re: Announcing my run for Council !!

no n900, no vote ;)

x61 2010-02-16 20:44

Don't count you vote on "fanboys" because they are adored over here... hence, banning them will cost you dearly.

Tintin 2010-02-16 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave999 (Post 530511)
no n900, no vote ;)

Don't think I won't ban you for that.

geneven 2010-02-16 20:56

Welcome. If I bother to vote, I will vote against you.

qole 2010-02-16 20:56

It sounds like you're running for a moderator position on talk.maemo.org, not a council position.

sjgadsby 2010-02-16 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by qole (Post 530549)
It sounds like you're running for a moderator position on talk.maemo.org, not a council position.

Yep. None of the council have banination powers.

(Muahahahaha!)

RevdKathy 2010-02-16 20:58

Quote:

Make him a mod... just in time for the rest of us to decamp over to talk.meego.com. ;)

Tintin 2010-02-16 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by geneven (Post 530548)
Welcome. If I bother to vote, I will vote against you.

Early banning pending.

Tintin 2010-02-16 21:02

Quote:

In the future Council members will be able to ban users - and moderators.