maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Mail for Exchange / Skype Contacts (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=43943)

davidh101 2010-02-09 22:39

Mail for Exchange / Skype Contacts

Ok, I have had a look through many other posts, but have not found anything similar to what I am having probelms with.......but fuly expect to be shown something I have missed.

I have just got my MfE working with an SBS2003 server that is using self-signed certificates.......all was working ok for a while.

I am now getting an error stating Error in Communication with Exchange Server.

I am still getting e-mails come through, so I have tested creating calendar appointments, and this still syncs fine, it appears to be the next step of the sync that is failing (I am guessing this is the contacts, although not sure where a log is to check fully)

One thing that I have done before noticing the sync failing is add a skype account, and then merged the duplicate contacts. However, I suspect it failed before I did this.

I have tried a full re-sync, and this seemed to work just fine, it removed all the contacts, e-mails, appointments etc from my phone. When the re-sync completed, I had all contacts back again (less skype ones).

However, once again, the next time I perform a sync, it fails, still getting e-mail and calendar items.

Any pointers in the right direction would be handy, does anyone have MfE with Skype contacts merged and syncing ok (out of curiosity what information, if any, is shown in outlook for these contacts)

Thanks in advance

Dave

zombiepig 2010-02-10 00:48

Re: Mail for Exchange / Skype Contacts

I've actually had the same problem. I can sync my contacts through mfe, but the moment I add a IM account and start merging contacts, I lose the ability to sync.

Guber99 2010-02-10 01:00

i cant even sync with mine..............provisioning issues yet to be resolved.......

Rob1n 2010-02-10 09:42

Mine's syncing fine after merging Skype contacts. Existing users with Skype contacts show up okay in Exchange, but the Skype information doesn't appear to be synched at all. New Skype-only contacts are not appearing in Exchange at all (which is fine by me), but the synch doesn't produce any errors. That's synching against Exchange 2003.

I just noticed that all the merged contacts had synched with the "File As" field reversed (Firstname Lastname instead of Lastname, Firstname) but re-editing that in Outlook has fixed that, and resynching didn't revert it again.

davidh101 2010-02-10 11:57

ok, so it is good to know it should work, annoying that the 'File As' needs swapping about, but I can live with that if I can get that far.

Mine certainly isn't a provisioning related issue.

So I guess what is needed now.....

.....is an understanding of how I can view any log files, are they on the n900, or on the exchange server, or both

....what to look for in these log files

Rob1n 2010-02-10 12:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidh101 (Post 519240)
So I guess what is needed now.....

.....is an understanding of how I can view any log files, are they on the n900, or on the exchange server, or both

....what to look for in these log files

See here for details on enabling logging on the N900. The Exchange server logs may also provide some info, but I suspect the problem will be on the N900 so that's more likely to be where the useful logging is.

davidh101 2010-02-10 13:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob1n (Post 519241)
See here for details on enabling logging on the N900. The Exchange server logs may also provide some info, but I suspect the problem will be on the N900 so that's more likely to be where the useful logging is.

That's great, but how do I get syslog working, the instructions on there don't seem to make any sense (I'm a kinda noob to linux stuff)

Rob1n 2010-02-10 13:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidh101 (Post 519383)
That's great, but how do I get syslog working, the instructions on there don't seem to make any sense (I'm a kinda noob to linux stuff)

What seems to be missing there is the instructions on installing syslog itself - looks like everything else should be just a case of typing what's written there into X Terminal.

To install syslog, you'll need rootsh installed, then run (from X Terminal):
Code:

sudo gainroot
apt-get install syslogd
start sysklogd

davidh101 2010-02-10 14:42

1 Attachment(s)
So, it appears to be an error code of 1004 being raised either at the end of the calendar sync, or at the beginning of the contacts sync.

I think that these are the relevant lines in the log

Code:

Feb 10 14:14:37 Nokia-N900-51-1 activesync[1300]: AS-LIB: Action execution ends with status 1004
Feb 10 14:14:37 Nokia-N900-51-1 activesync[1300]: BasicSyncActionWrapper: execute failed with err=1004, failsCount=5
Feb 10 14:14:37 Nokia-N900-51-1 activesync[1300]: ActionWarpper - action completed with result 1004

I have attachd the full log just in case anyone feels like having a look through it.....it is pretty long

Rob1n 2010-02-10 15:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidh101 (Post 519484)
So, it appears to be an error code of 1004 being raised either at the end of the calendar sync, or at the beginning of the contacts sync.

I think that these are the relevant lines in the log

Code:

Feb 10 14:14:37 Nokia-N900-51-1 activesync[1300]: AS-LIB: Action execution ends with status 1004
Feb 10 14:14:37 Nokia-N900-51-1 activesync[1300]: BasicSyncActionWrapper: execute failed with err=1004, failsCount=5
Feb 10 14:14:37 Nokia-N900-51-1 activesync[1300]: ActionWarpper - action completed with result 1004

I have attachd the full log just in case anyone feels like having a look through it.....it is pretty long

Ah - if it could be calendar related, do you have any recurring meetings?