maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Brainstorm (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   [Home Applet] Microphone Toggle (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=34694)

Den in USA 2009-11-18 15:14

[Home Applet] Microphone Toggle

Purpose: To quickly switch earphone output from listening to a music player to listening to microphone output.

Concept: You are listening to music through your headphones. Someone enters the area and starts talking to you. You hit an onscreen or hardware button, and immediately you are listening to that person through the microphone.

Alternate use 1: Sound amplifier for hearing impared.

Alternate use 2: People see that you are listening to music and think that you are not listening to their conversation - but you are !

Alternate use 3: Connect the line output of a keyboard, guitar or bass to the mic input, use device as practice/headphone amp.

wesgreen 2009-11-18 20:23

Re: [Home Applet] Microphone Toggle

den, i'd be totally stoked if this were possible on a n810, especially if the gain of the microphone could be adjusted the way trollo did it in seqretary recorder.
alternate use 3: connect the line output of a keyboard, guitar or bass to the mic input, use device as practice/headphone amp.

Den in USA 2009-11-18 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by wesgreen (Post 381284)
den, i'd be totally stoked if this were possible on a n810, especially if the gain of the microphone could be adjusted the way trollo did it in seqretary recorder.
alternate use 3: connect the line output of a keyboard, guitar or bass to the mic input, use device as practice/headphone amp.

Thanks, Wesgreen, I added your alternate use to my initial post!

Breece 2009-11-18 20:35

That would be awesome :)

wesgreen 2009-11-18 21:05

alternative use 4: monitoring of mic gain. (for example: setting the right amount of input gain while recording a meeting etc. to prevent distortion or low input levels)
i could go on endlessly...

Den in USA 2009-11-18 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by wesgreen (Post 381335)
alternative use 4: monitoring of mic gain. (for example: setting the right amount of input gain while recording a meeting etc. to prevent distortion or low input levels)
i could go on endlessly...

You're right, I agree, there are probably dozens of uses for this type of app.

wesgreen 2009-11-18 21:13

btw., trollo might be someone who would be able to do this, if its possible. he's already dealt with the n810 audio structure successfully before. i suggested something similar a few months ago in his thread. my begging clearly needs some work.

Viny 2009-11-18 21:31

if this was possible, it would be a nice addition!