maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Multimedia (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   [Canola] Canola Last.FM Plugin Bugs (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=18748)

fms 2008-04-05 19:40

[Canola] Canola Last.FM Plugin Bugs

Here is a few things I have found:

* There is no option to play my playlist. The following bugs were found when using "artists similar to..." option.
* After typing in artist's name, the plugin will often show "Playlist is empty" message or something similar. Retrying the same artist usually works.
* After playing a song, last.fm plugin stops playback until a button is pressed.
* The skip-forward button that is supposed to skip to the next song does not work very well: I have to click it multiple times before it works. The button gets highlighted, but nothing happens.
* Audio scrubbing does not appear to work, at least no audio files appear in "My downloads".

Bundyo 2008-04-05 19:43

Re: Canola Last.FM Plugin Bugs

Hm, i don't have such experience, maybe not everyone is affected. The second, the third and the fourth item on your list are working for me.

fms 2008-04-05 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bundyo (Post 165541)
Hm, i don't have such experience, maybe not everyone is affected. The second, the third and the fourth item on your list are working for me.

Weird. Maybe I just need to reboot? Or run Canola-Cleanup and reinstall?

fms 2008-04-05 19:56

Reboot did not help. Is there something else I may be doing wrong? Or maybe there is someone with the same problems?

Bundyo 2008-04-05 20:09

The nature of the things you list is suggesting something network related i think. What kind of connection are you using?

fms 2008-04-05 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bundyo (Post 165548)
The nature of the things you list is suggesting something network related i think. What kind of connection are you using?

802.11g WiFi to the access point, 100Mbd inside provider's network, ~4Mbd out into the world. I don't think this should affect the "skip" button functionality though - the button isn't getting delayed, it is getting ignored unless I click it multiple times. Same button works perfectly well in every other Canola module.

Bundyo 2008-04-05 20:36

Reinstall the plugin? I guess you already did it :)

chrisak 2008-04-05 20:55

My playback wasn't interrupted after 1st song either... was surprised cuz I was expecting to have to press the 'next' button. I was playing music tagged 'jazz'

Howevver, I cannot gett lastfm to login unless I select the wrong city as my 'home city' in clock settings.

Bundyo 2008-04-05 21:37

Strangely enough, after some 10 or so songs, now i need to press next to get to the next song.

The progress bar stops at -00:01 if that's of any help.

fms 2008-04-05 21:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bundyo (Post 165574)
Strangely enough, after some 10 or so songs, now i need to press next to get to the next song. The progress bar stops at -00:01 if that's of any help.

Yep, that is what I am seeing as well.