maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Games (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Wii emulator in nokia n900. Yes you can compile it now with the instructions (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=89977)

samipower 2013-05-02 13:03

Wii emulator in nokia n900. Yes you can compile it now with the instructions

Instructions:

Dolphin has recently gained support for ARM in the master branch. Let's see how to make it.

Setting up to Build

First, make sure you have the correct dependencies installed. For example, if you are using Ubuntu, use apt-get as follows:

sudo apt-get install make cmake git g++ libsdl1.2-dev libxrandr-dev libxext-dev libao-dev libasound2-dev libpulse-dev libbluetooth-dev libreadline-gplv2-dev libavcodec-dev libavformat-dev libswscale-dev

If you want to have a GUI, then install run this:

sudo apt-get install make cmake git g++ libgtk2.0-dev libsdl1.2-dev libxrandr-dev libxext-dev libao-dev libasound2-dev libpulse-dev libbluetooth-dev libreadline-gplv2-dev libavcodec-dev libavformat-dev libswscale-dev

If you run a distribution without aptitude, see the build dependencies below for a list of packages you will need to install.

Get a local copy of the dolphin-emu repository:

git clone https://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/ dolphin-emu

Change to the directory created:
cd dolphin-emu

Later, if you wish to update your local copy:
git pull origin
Building

Create a build subdirectory, and change into it.
mkdir Build && cd Build

Configure the build:
cmake -DUSE_GLES=True -DDISABLE_WX=True ..

If you are building with the GUI, configure it this way:
cmake -DUSE_GLES=True ..

From here build and install in the standard make way:
make

I would personally recommend building multi-threaded
:
make -j5

Be warned, if you're building with a GUI, it is going to take quite a bit of time to build.

https://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/wiki/ARMBuild

Boemien 2013-05-02 18:06

Re: Wii emulator in nokia n900. Yes you can compile it now with the instructions

Quote:

Originally Posted by samipower (Post 1340641)
Yes you can compile it now with the instructions

Wow, i came there like :eek: by the title and now i'm like :confused:

Do you mean that it's possible to have wii emulator in nokia n900, and will it be playable ???

nokiabot 2013-05-02 18:29

Re: Wii emulator in nokia n900. Yes you can compile it now with the instructions

^^same here. Got exited by the title now :facepalm:

deciving title to lure noobies in compiled trap:D

don_falcone 2013-05-02 20:30

running Dolphin on N900? If yes: :rolleyes: another "oh our platform can do $totally_abstract_and_geeky_idea (but nobody tells that at the same time it's of no real use, or a hack/tech demo only anyway". Reminds me of playing Quake 3 on N900. This one's worse.

marxian 2013-05-02 21:10

Lumiaman - Windoze Phone + Android = don_falcone.

woody14619 2013-05-02 21:12

.deb package, or it didn't happen. :)

reinob 2013-05-03 10:53

@samipower,

Have you actually tried this?

The instructions you copied above (you could have just linked to the website) require a "proper" ARM linux distribution with all the required development tools and libraries.

I bet this will not work out-of-the-box on Maemo5 (perhaps for Ubuntu or Arch or Debian on N900, but not Maemo5).

samipower 2013-05-04 18:39

n900 works with ubuntu and with debian, Where is the problem??. And now I am very busy with my job. But in a near time, I will can try it without problem and to upload a video.

Are sure that will be fps not playable. But one more thing for n900 jejej. :)

ppsspp 40fps for example but this emulator only for can see that it works and starts j:p

don_falcone 2013-05-04 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by marxian (Post 1340803)
Lumiaman - Windoze Phone + Android = don_falcone.

:P Feel free to. You guys still think that because nearly everything is possible, everything should be done (or makes sense).

marxian 2013-05-04 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by don_falcone (Post 1341246)
:P Feel free to. You guys still think that because nearly everything is possible, everything should be done (or makes sense).

No, I'm a pragmatist. I just find it amusing when people turn their choice of mobile device into something akin to a religious conversion. :)

Sorry to OP for going off-topic. :o