maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   General (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I'm here again! Thanks, community! (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=97048)

Ancelad 2016-07-25 17:25

I'm here again! Thanks, community!

Hello, sailors. I have some bad news - my Jolla is unusable now. I don't know a reason, but the bottom part of the screen doesn't respond (area's height is near 1/3 of screen's one), so I can't type anything etc.

I've tried to repair it - reboots, hard-resets, different SW-releases, but no results. Also I've tried to disassemble and assemble device, no luck...

Temporary I have "free-rotation" patch and use my Jolla by head over heels. This is very uncomfortably to do, so I've decided to put my Jolla on a rack.

I have many patch-sources, so if somebody is interested to continue development - PM me, I will share sources for you.

Thanks to you all, for your responds, support, discussions, donates... I'll miss you. It was good time while sailing, but I see finish-line...

Schturman 2016-07-25 17:31

Re: Goodbye, Jolla

Sorry to hear that ... :(

Dave999 2016-07-25 17:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ancelad (Post 1510723)
Hello, sailors. I have some bad news - my Jolla is unusable now. I don't know a reason, but the bottom part of the screen doesn't respond (area's height is near 1/3 of screen's one), so I can't type anything etc.

I've tried to repair it - reboots, hard-resets, different SW-releases, but no results. Also I've tried to disassemble and assemble device, no luck...

Temporary I have "free-rotation" patch and use my Jolla by head over heels. This is very uncomfortably to do, so I've decided to put my Jolla on a rack.

I have many patch-sources, so if somebody is interested to continue development - PM me, I will share sources for you.

Thanks to you all, for your responds, support, discussions, donates... I'll miss you. It was good time while sailing, but I see finish-line...

Feel free to return after jolla completely refund all the tableters...

Any way. I guess everything comes to an end. What are you planning to move to now?

GoodBye, GL HF

What happened with Russia government helping sail sailers?

peterleinchen 2016-07-25 17:41

Indeed, very bad news.

Sounds like you want to leave GNU Linux devices after you?
And go the 'dark way'? Or what?

We.would miss you!

chenliangchen 2016-07-25 17:43

We should have a donation account from TMO. For members like Ancelad, the community should donate him a new Jolla Intex or something similar - he has made so many contributions and will definitely be a loss for us.

Ancelad's old pulley menu and buttons always is the first I install on patch manager.

I'm on for the donation if there is any.

Dave999 2016-07-25 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by chenliangchen (Post 1510727)
We should have a donation account from TMO. For members like Ancelad, the community should donate him a new Jolla Intex or something similar - he has made so many contributions and will definitely be a loss for us.

Ancelad's old pulley menu and buttons always is the first I install on patch manager.

Great Idea!

I'm ready to donate once I get my second refund.

mscion 2016-07-25 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave999 (Post 1510725)
Feel free to return after jolla completely refund all the tableters....

What happened with Russia government helping sail sailers?

They decided to help Donald Trump instead...

peterleinchen 2016-07-25 17:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave999 (Post 1510728)
Great Idea!

True, I am in (was going to edit my post and ask him first if he would stay with us.

Quote:

I'm ready to donate once I get my second refund.
BS, just bs (does absolutely not belong here).

Ancelad 2016-07-25 17:55

I have Android-smartphone, it's enough for daily-use. I like "unlike"-phones, but "the only easy day - was yesterday". I don't like to discuss politics, but EU and US-sanctions forced me to change priorities - I've changed my job that requires car-buying, so I haven't too much "free" money to buy new (or even used) SFOS-smartphone.

I'm very appreciated for community help - most of your donates I've spent to phone-parts such as phone-housings, displays, batteries etc. My N9 is still alive due to your help, like Jolla was until yesterday.

Schturman 2016-07-25 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by chenliangchen (Post 1510727)

I'm in ! 50 euro from me :) Just tell me how we do that ? directly transfer to Ancelad (https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/we...63e58274899069) ?

P.S. Hmmm purchasing from Ebay required PaysaPal, he don't know how to use it...