maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   SailfishOS (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Sailfish 3.0.0.5 Lemmenjoki EA (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=100525)

juiceme 2018-11-14 11:00

Re: Sailfish 3.0.0.5 Lemmenjoki EA

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMavica (Post 1550655)
juiceme when have ubiboot in XA2? lol

Well, I suppose it could be done without major hiccups pretty easily; after all when starting up the mer-boat a device already is pretty much in miantanance mode similar to ubiboot, there is minimal initramfs running without booting to GUI.

It would not be that difficult to build the kernel/OS selection GUI and kexec the new kernel and environment.

ezameht 2018-11-14 18:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by juiceme (Post 1550651)
I kind-of like the new design that brings up the menu on middle pull and closes the open application on corner pull.
That eases my life as it saves me a 2-gesture chain; I used to first do a side-swipe to get from an application to the main menu and then top-swipe to lock the device.

Now if it only would minimize the foreground app at the same time when it locks the device, so that the next time I unlock it I'd get directly to the main screen!
This is so crucial to me I am even considering to patch it so :p

You make a good point! I could get used to that design.
A patch for going back to the main screen after unlocking would be much appreciated.

peterleinchen 2018-11-14 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezameht (Post 1550670)
A patch for going back to the main screen after unlocking would be much appreciated.

Do I understand right?
On SFOS3 after unlocking you always have last used app open?
So you want back old sfos2 behaviour?

peterleinchen 2018-11-14 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by juiceme (Post 1550656)
Well, I suppose it could be done without major hiccups pretty easily; after all when starting up the mer-boat a device already is pretty much in miantanance mode similar to ubiboot, there is minimal initramfs running without booting to GUI.

It would not be that difficult to build the kernel/OS selection GUI and kexec the new kernel and environment.

Oh! :cool:
Please go ahead and I may be your guinea pig :D

carlosgonz 2018-11-14 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterleinchen (Post 1550680)
Oh! be your guinea pig :D

blablabla blabla bla
is the only word coming to my mind :)

carlosgonz 2018-11-14 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezameht (Post 1550670)

i was not clear what you want, but look like that ur features could be better coming in SF 3.0.1 SUPERCHANGED. early dec.
current release SF 3.0.0 HALLOWEEN :D

juiceme 2018-11-15 05:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterleinchen (Post 1550679)
Do I understand right?
On SFOS3 after unlocking you always have last used app open?
So you want back old sfos2 behaviour?

Nope, in SFOS2 it also worked like that, the foreground app stayed on top when you locked the device. (or else I remember it wrong, mind you I have been using SFOS3 for more than 2 weeks now and cannot really remember... :p)

juiceme 2018-11-15 05:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlosgonz (Post 1550681)
blablabla blabla bla
is the only word coming to my mind :)

Can you share why?

pichlo 2018-11-15 06:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by juiceme (Post 1550684)
Nope, in SFOS2 it also worked like that, the foreground app stayed on top when you locked the device.

It did? :confused:

It is possible, I suppose. But since you had to go to home screen first to lock the screen anyway, it was only exposed by accident, when the screen locked itself due to a timeout. Which happens pretty much never :p

I for one welcome the fact that when I unlock a thing - be it a desktop PC, a phone or a garden shed - I find it in exactly the same state as it was before I locked it. Why would anyone want anything else is beyond me.

peterleinchen 2018-11-15 06:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by juiceme (Post 1550684)
Nope, in SFOS2 it also worked like that, the foreground app stayed on top when you locked the device. (or else I remember it wrong, mind you I have been using SFOS3 for more than 2 weeks now and cannot really remember... :p)

As pichlo said. Or almost ;)
Locking the device can be done via
- home screen, swipe down, push lock
- pushing power button (JollaC)
- timeout

In all cases you go to "main screen" after unlocking if you have waited for some amount of time, around 1minute or so (did not time it).
In the latter two cases if you unlocked within that time you came back to the last used app when swiping the lock screen from right to left.