maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   SailfishOS (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   headset button (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=100051)

smatkovi 2017-11-07 22:27

headset button

does anyone of you use a headset with your sfos-device and got next song/previous song working? out of the box only play/pause work. or is this not important for you? i tried the mod of one jolla together user who changed the AudioPlayer.qml file to support next song, when jolla introduced headsetbutton support. then i tried the python-script, which needs mpris-support for the jolla-mediaplayer and back then they also patched this into the AudioPlayer.qml file, but i learned jolla introduced mpris 2.0 support for jolla-mediaplayer, but when the python-script runs it doesn't react on the "buttoncommands", so i fear the python-script was written for mpris 1.0 maybe...

juiceme 2017-11-08 16:14

Re: headset button

Getting the button commands depends on the BT modes the headset supports and how it announces the capabilities to the device.

If I remember correctly you need to handle the button effects thet bluetooth emits in pulseaudio, not in the media source application.

imaginaryenemy 2017-11-09 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by juiceme (Post 1538316)
Getting the button commands depends on the BT modes the headset supports and how it announces the capabilities to the device.

If I remember correctly you need to handle the button effects thet bluetooth emits in pulseaudio, not in the media source application.

Did I miss where they said it was a BT headset and not a wired one?

juiceme 2017-11-09 17:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by imaginaryenemy (Post 1538338)
Did I miss where they said it was a BT headset and not a wired one?

Indeed, my bad!
I automatically assumed the question was about BT as I don't use wire-tethered headsets myself at all!

smatkovi 2018-09-26 15:27

i got it working and it was wired. i just commented out the action for one button press and i think the path where it read the headphone input was also not the right one, but it was easy to change after reading every similar sounding device with tail -f and pressing the button.
Quote:

Originally Posted by juiceme (Post 1538342)
Indeed, my bad!
I automatically assumed the question was about BT as I don't use wire-tethered headsets myself at all!

Saturn 2018-09-26 21:03

For info, in the xperia x without any modification or script, i use QuasarMX.
The wired headphone's button
- 1 click pause/play
- 2 clicks next song

i haven't tried the stock player.

smatkovi 2018-09-26 23:00

oh very interesting, i had problems updating my library with quasarmx, does this work well for you? oh and do you use lite or did you buy it? :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saturn (Post 1548920)
For info, in the xperia x without any modification or script, i use QuasarMX.
The wired headphone's button
- 1 click pause/play
- 2 clicks next song

i haven't tried the stock player.

Saturn 2018-09-27 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by smatkovi (Post 1548923)
oh very interesting, i had problems updating my library with quasarmx, does this work well for you? oh and do you use lite or did you buy it? :)

It took me some time to find how to add my folders and remove those i didn't want, but never had a problem with it. I have only something like 100 songs, don't know if this makes a difference.

Have the lite version. I want to buy it to show support for a long time, but never did it.