maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   [SFOS] [Announce] kodi for SailfishOS (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=96773)

liar 2016-05-25 19:17

[Announce] kodi for SailfishOS

Hi,

i have just uploaded kodi to openrepos. You can download and install both on phones or the jolla tablet. https://openrepos.net/content/krnlyng/kodi

Thanks to Blueslee and Schturman for testing it. Also thanks to Schturman for letting me use his icon.

If there are any bugs or improvements i can work on please let me know. I hope it is useful.

Let us use this thread to collect issues and improve it.

If there is anything i can help with, just let me know.

code: https://github.com/krnlyng/xbmc (based on the fork of Max Kellerman with wayland support)

Known Issues:
* A mouse cursor shows up in the top left corner. You can disable it by disabling touch and mouse input in Settings (Touch input will still work).
* Please always close via the GUI option to close kodi. Otherwise kodi will hang and therefore be unable to start up for a while (seconds).
* The estuary skin can be hard to navigate, switch to the estouchy or other touch skin.
* Scrolling is somewhat broken, use the slider to scroll
* LiveTV requires an additional PVR addon. You can find it below.

Additional Addons:
PVR IPTV Simple:
phone: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mbzg2hus3k...mv7hl.rpm?dl=0
tablet: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m9umh094ed....i486.rpm?dl=0

video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ehlA_5pooxE

BluesLee 2016-05-25 21:41

Re: [Announce] kodi for SailfishOS

Many thanks in the name of the community liar:)

jayki 2016-05-25 21:48

Hey ;)
many many thanks for this!! runs very smoothly :o
didn't expected, that it's workibg that good :)
is it possible to include the pvr addons like vdr-vnsi?
Or just compile a second package with them?
Would be perfect!! :)

blackjack4it 2016-05-26 06:57

Could someone port Kodi also for Maemo/Meego? Xmbc isn't the same, I love Kodi.
Thanks a lot,
BJ

nodevel 2016-05-26 10:32

Thank you, liar, this is an amazing work. I lost my hope for a Wayland port after the main developer team dropped the Wayland bits few months ago, so this looks like a miracle.

It's smooth and Estuary/Estouchy work like a charm.

I just found three issues:
  • Lists longer than two pages (both folders and dialogs) are almost impossible to navigate, as scrolling down (up) always jump to the bottom (top) of the list and the items between cannot be selected. Not sure how to fix this, but it looks like a major issue. Reproducable with mouse/touch input turned both off and on and with both default skins.
  • The screen dimms and then turns off after few minutes of playing a video. Maybe this can be fixed with some setting, but it is quite annoying.
  • The app does not report the orientation correctly, therefore the system gestures are rotated. Just a minor issue, nothing crucial.

Other than that, it's really nice, works much better than the Android version and most importantly keeps playing when minimized (even on the cover), so even if you don't manage to fix the aforementioned issues, it's still a huge step forward for SailfishOS ecosystem (and it instantly obsoletes few of my SailfishOS projects where I tried to implement some useful Kodi addons in Qt/QML :) ).

cy8aer 2016-05-26 13:09

I am not able to install it: Python 2.7 cannot be installed. Tried it by hand with pkcon installed too but fails too. Repo not available? hm...
Sailfish 2.0.1.11

fravaccaro 2016-05-26 13:34

Great work, thanks :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nodevel (Post 1506125)
It's smooth and Estuary/Estouchy work like a charm.

I just found three issues:
  • Lists longer than two pages (both folders and dialogs) are almost impossible to navigate, as scrolling down (up) always jump to the bottom (top) of the list and the items between cannot be selected. Not sure how to fix this, but it looks like a major issue. Reproducable with mouse/touch input turned both off and on and with both default skins.
  • The screen dimms and then turns off after few minutes of playing a video. Maybe this can be fixed with some setting, but it is quite annoying.
  • The app does not report the orientation correctly, therefore the system gestures are rotated. Just a minor issue, nothing crucial.

Other than that, it's really nice, works much better than the Android version and most importantly keeps playing when minimized (even on the cover), so even if you don't manage to fix the aforementioned issues, it's still a huge step forward for SailfishOS ecosystem (and it instantly obsoletes few of my SailfishOS projects where I tried to implement some useful Kodi addons in Qt/QML :) ).

I can confirm the list of bugs. As a side-note, you can scroll lists by dragging the slider list on the right; it's awkard on smaller screens, but it somehow works.

Feathers McGraw 2016-05-27 10:21

This came as a huge (but very welcome) surprise! Runs great, and looks great, on Fairphone 2. Thanks also for the hints in the description on openrepos.

Out of curiosity, how much work was involved making it work on Sailfish?

I've noticed that the volume gets reset to max when you open the app or play media, is that deliberate? Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

ajalkane 2016-05-27 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by cy8aer (Post 1506180)
I am not able to install it: Python 2.7 cannot be installed. Tried it by hand with pkcon installed too but fails too. Repo not available? hm...
Sailfish 2.0.1.11

I remember some similar problem, for me it was fixed by doing pkcon refresh

BluesLee 2016-05-27 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw (Post 1506310)
I've noticed that the volume gets reset to max when you open the app or play media, is that deliberate? Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

You can achieve this within kodi applying settings / system / audio output / keep audio device alive.

cy8aer 2016-05-27 11:16

aah, pkcon refresh makes the job. Thanks.

Schturman 2016-05-27 12:53

1 Attachment(s)
Yep.. It's cool ! Big thanks to liar!
I use this Kodi on Jolla Tablet and I also already reported about scrolling bug. Yes for now we can use slider for scrolling, but many menus don't have slider and in this case it impossible to choose something between start and end of list.
Skins - Can't get to work LiveTV (already reported) from start screen on Estouchy skin (the Estuary skin don't have LiveTV shortcut).
Trying to find and install PVR IPTV Simple client, for now without success. But we can play liveTV directly from video addond -> LiveTv addon.

I have something like 8 repos installed but I can't find any other skins except Titan skin (not good). Someone know from which repo I can try to install another skins for this Kodi ? Want to test...

I finally successfully setup Ninbora Movies and Series :D

cy8aer 2016-05-27 15:51

you can enable liveTV in the theme's settings. But I have the problem to set a pvr addon...

Schturman 2016-05-27 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by cy8aer (Post 1506340)
you can enable liveTV in the theme's settings. But I have the problem to set a pvr addon...

Yes, this is exactly what I said... I get this message:
Code:

PVR IPTV Simple Client is disabled.
Please enable PVR IPTV Simple Client addon.

But no one of my installed repos can't show me this addon for installation, it's like just not exists... In Android version I have this pvr client from the same repos...

Now I have a big problem, by playing with setting, by mistake I have choose LiveTv as a first screen instead a normal screen with menu and restarted kodi. Now I have a beautiful black screen with mouse arrow in the left upper corner. I can't exit from this screen and can't do nothing :(
Please, someone tell me that I can restore normal screen instead to remove kodi and install all my stuff again from zero ? Maybe terminal command? Something ? :(

liar 2016-05-27 17:51

i don't know the exact file you need to edit but i am sure you will find the right one in ~/.kodi

Schturman 2016-05-27 18:29

Please, can someone show me output of this file:
Code:

/home/nemo/.kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml
I found this line:
Code:

<startupwindow>10700</startupwindow>
it inside the Look-and-Feel section:
Code:

<lookandfeel>
        <enablerssfeeds default="true">true</enablerssfeeds>
        <font>Arial</font>
        <rssedit default="true"></rssedit>
        <skin>skin.estouchy</skin>
        <skincolors default="true">SKINDEFAULT</skincolors>
        <skintheme default="true">SKINDEFAULT</skintheme>
        <skinzoom default="true">0</skinzoom>
        <soundskin default="true">resource.uisounds.confluence</soundskin>
        <startupwindow>10700</startupwindow>
        <stereostrength default="true">5</stereostrength>
    </lookandfeel>

Maybe I need to change this number....
Thanks

EDIT:
Ok, I fixed it, it should be 10000 :D

liar 2016-05-27 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by cy8aer (Post 1506340)

I have uploaded the pvr addon to the first post. Thanks Schturman for testing.

Schturman 2016-05-27 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by liar (Post 1506355)
I have uploaded the pvr addon to the first post. Thanks Schturman for testing.

Yep, now LiveTV work ! :D Thank you!

And guys, the Donate button added to the Kodi page on Openrepos ;)

nodevel 2016-05-27 22:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by liar (Post 1506094)
* Scrolling is somewhat broken, use the slider to scroll

Quote:

Originally Posted by fravaccaro (Post 1506185)
As a side-note, you can scroll lists by dragging the slider list on the right; it's awkard on smaller screens, but it somehow works.

That is unfortunately not true for dialogs. In folders, you can use the slider (if you manage to hit it), but in dialogs, it behaves exactly like when scrolling.

Dragging the slider in the middle jumps to the bottom (top) in dialogs 90% of the time. It's quite weird, but it somehow makes the whole bug more interesting, as it's not only kinetic scrolling what's causing it.

It looks like TOHKBD2 is currently the best way to navigate, as it works great with Kodi.
It's great that TOHKBD2 finally has some use, but connecting it just for Kodi (small wink to those TOHKBD2 owners who know what I'm talking about ;) ) is bit of an overkill.

EDIT: It works for some dialogs.

Schturman 2016-05-28 09:30

Liar, small suggestion. Upload pvr iptv client to openrepos too and maybe add as requires to kodi package.
Or even better, include it in kodi package for next update :)

HtheB 2016-05-28 11:01

I cant get the IP TV to work. I've enabled it, and also updated the m3u link, but the RUN button is grayed out...

Schturman 2016-05-28 11:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by HtheB (Post 1506383)
I cant get the IP TV to work. I've enabled it, and also updated the m3u link, but the RUN button is grayed out...

Hmmm, did you installed any LiveTV addons like AnarchiTV or IsraeLIVE, it work perfectly for me with pvr iptv simple client that liar added.

HtheB 2016-05-28 11:54

Oh, do I need to install mire additional stuff?

Schturman 2016-05-28 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by HtheB (Post 1506389)
Oh, do I need to install mire additional stuff?

Sure :) Install for example IsraeLIVE, it have many iptv channels from around the world :)

dr.electronic 2016-05-28 12:16

Are you know linux satellite receivers? (Dreambox , vu+ ) can I watch Satellite TV Stream on LAN by kodi ?

Dreamdroid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o0_jolgx-g

Schturman 2016-05-28 12:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr.electronic (Post 1506392)
Are you know linux satellite receivers? (Dreambox , vu+ ) can I watch Satellite TV Stream on LAN by kodi ?

Dreamdroid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o0_jolgx-g

I really don't know, try to search addon for this...

velox 2016-05-28 12:35

Wow, this is really nice and most things are working nicely. Thank you so much.
Funnily enough, kodi is now the easiest – native – way for me to copy files from smb/cifs shares.

There are some navigational dead ends (for example displaying an image slideshow which I normally never use), but navigating using Kodimote works. As a plus, it looks pretty funny remote controlling Kodi on a Tablet located right in front of you from a phone.

Using a local Kodimote, it's possible to have cover actions, by the way, if you don't mind the slight cumbersomeness of it.

Regarding the display switching off, here's a bit of a shameless plug:
My sleep timer (see signature) works okay using either (not both simultaneously) Kodimote or manual Kodi configuration in the settings. It has an option to keep the display lit while active, which tends to get confused if another application tries to do the same, but Kodi obviously does not.
I have not tested the arm version of Kodi but I'm pretty confident all this applies to it as well.

cheers

edit: To use Kodimote or slumber, you need to enable services→webserver and services→remote control in Kodi, which, depending on your network/configuration, might be a slight security risk, because Kodi is not designed to be secure in this regard.

dr.electronic 2016-05-28 12:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schturman (Post 1506394)
I really don't know, try to search addon for this...

Sample
Dreambox Stream over Network

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5kgrocW2U8

Schturman 2016-05-29 16:18

I created a small video how Kodi run on Jolla Tablet :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtQyqD8KG4I

liar 2016-05-29 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw (Post 1506310)
This came as a huge (but very welcome) surprise! Runs great, and looks great, on Fairphone 2. Thanks also for the hints in the description on openrepos.

Out of curiosity, how much work was involved making it work on Sailfish?

I had to rotate the screen contents, implement audioresource, build some dependancies and package everything together. There were issues but not too big ones :). Packaging for the tablet was particularly nasty due to some dependancies.

Casanunda 2016-06-03 04:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr.electronic (Post 1506392)

I would also love to have vuplus pvr client addon working on Kodi for Sailfish.
It is part of default installation on most Kodi systems, but I have no idea where to find and how to install this plugin for Sailfish.

Casanunda 2016-06-05 11:52

You can Use IPTV Simple Client to Access stream from VuPlus receiver. You need to download the Bouquet Playlist using the receiver's OpenWebif web interface. Then you can add that Playlist in IPTV Simple Client addon settings. EPG does not work this way, though. And I can only watch SD channels properly on my Jolla Phone - HD channels can not show a fluent video at all.

naytsyrhc 2016-06-07 19:09

I would love to have the pvr client for mythtv. Is there some documentatio how to port that?

liar 2016-06-13 18:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by naytsyrhc (Post 1507183)
I would love to have the pvr client for mythtv. Is there some documentatio how to port that?

you need to fetch the kodi sources from my github and then some dependancies, like p8-platform and kodi-platform then build the plugin. if you start with building the plugin it will tell you which dependancies it needs.

Schturman 2016-06-16 08:21

Hi Liar.
I have a two problems...
1. Screen going off while playing video or LiveTV. In Jolla setting it on 30sec and I need to touch the screen every 30sec. ., I already tried to play with different settings inside a Kodi, but didn't find how to prevent sreen off while playing video or LiveTV...
For now I solved it by changing jolla setting to "Keep screen on while charging", many times I use Kodi when it connected to power supply.

2. Every time when any video start to play, the audio volume jump to 100%. Also didn't find how to prevent it inside Kodi setting. It not so convenient when you use headphones :D

Any idea how to fix it? If possible...
Thanks.

dr.electronic 2016-06-16 11:08

Bug report

(Settings PVR IPTV Simple Client )

- I changed the settings . I can't go to the main menu.

remote path ( internet adress )
http://kodilive.eu/tv/ (iptv adress)

- Loading iptv list. the first channel selection . I can only first 10 or last 10 channel select. I cant the select channel 51 (first select)

dameceno 2016-06-17 12:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schturman (Post 1507717)
Hi Liar.
I have a two problems...
1. Screen going off while playing video or LiveTV. In Jolla setting it on 30sec and I need to touch the screen every 30sec. ., I already tried to play with different settings inside a Kodi, but didn't find how to prevent sreen off while playing video or LiveTV...
For now I solved it by changing jolla setting to "Keep screen on while charging", many times I use Kodi when it connected to power supply.

2. Every time when any video start to play, the audio volume jump to 100%. Also didn't find how to prevent it inside Kodi setting. It not so convenient when you use headphones :D

Any idea how to fix it? If possible...

Thanks.

Exactly the same issues, it is the major issues with the media player, plus the fact that there is no coming back from picture viewing to the main menu in anyway.
A fix for these would be awesome,as this would be the end of android player for me. All those file extension not being played are a thing of the pass with this player

preflex 2016-07-03 06:55

I tred the config wizard from tvaddons.ag. When it asked my OS, I selected "linux". None of the addons showed up after the procedure.

Should I have selected "Android", because SFOS is a crazy libhybris distro? Will tvaddons config wizard need to be customized for use on Sailfish? Am I asking in the wrong place?

P.S. This is my first post on t.mo in quite some time. I broke my n900's ribbon cable a few months ago, and haven't had the funds to replace it. A good friend gave me his old N4 a few days ago. Sailfish rocks. I like ubuntutouch because it haz xmir, but SFOS really feels like home. It feels good to be back.

faustomiglioresi 2016-09-02 20:06

I can not enable TV and I can not install the add-on PVR IPTV simple! it's .rpm ?! i can't install add-on from zip file.How I do ? Grazie

carmenluci 2016-09-02 22:08

You don't need to install addon from .zip file, you have to install .rpm file:

Quote:

Originally Posted by liar (Post 1506094)