maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   SailfishOS (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Sailfish on Turing Phones? (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=96413)

gerbick 2016-02-02 16:29

Sailfish on Turing Phones?

Yep... looks like this is true indeed as they've switched from Android to Sailfish OS.

For the uninitiated, Turing Phones were the ones with the "Liquidmorphium" liquid metal alloy that promises to be tougher than steel.

First link is the announcement from this morning. Second link is the website for Turing - which has yet to be updated with the newly announced Sailfish portion(s).

ARJWright 2016-02-02 16:35

Re: Sailfish on Turing Phones?

Of things talked about here which are not talked about as nicely anymore... or at least how I used to remember this community, this is some good news.

if I go down the route of needing a new mobile, this rises near the top of that listing.

NokiaFanatic 2016-02-02 16:40

$600? too pricey for me :(

youmeego 2016-02-02 16:56

very nice design, small bezel!! If only the camera licenses Pureview

gerbick 2016-02-02 16:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by youmeego (Post 1497496)
very nice design, small bezel!! If only the camera licenses Pureview

Does anybody license PureView?

Dave999 2016-02-02 16:59

Great news. Unfortunitly the jolla news was not full refund so I won't spend a cent on Jolla until they fully refund all supporters.

And I suggest you do the same! They can TAKE OUR MONEY but they can't take OUR FREEEEDOM!

(Just watched braveheart)

itdoesntmatt 2016-02-02 17:02

thats great! apart for the 5.5 inches screen. but i appreciate the direction and the strategy of licensing could just work.

chenliangchen 2016-02-02 17:05

Great news and truly looks amazing! Probably the best HW so far running sailfish.

However there are 2 aspects I will concern if I will buy it:

- Non-removable battery. They seem advertising strong and robust build quality and material, but it not useful if the battery degenerates and can't be removed. (unless dissassembled, of course, then it won't be easy to find battery replacement.)

- Lack of SD expansion (or am I missed that? I did not see it)

But it really looks promising, that is THE DEVICE we are waiting for!

HtheB 2016-02-02 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by chenliangchen (Post 1497501)
Great news and truly looks amazing! Probably the best HW so far running sailfish.

However there are 2 aspects I will concern if I will buy it:

- Non-removable battery. They seem advertising strong and robust build quality and material, but it not useful if the battery degenerates and can't be removed. (unless dissassembled, of course, then it won't be easy to find battery replacement.)

- Lack of SD expansion (or am I missed that? I did not see that)

But that really looks promising, that is the device we are waiting for!

Removable battery on Jolla was also unlike, since you couldn't buy (original) batteries for it at all...

itdoesntmatt 2016-02-02 17:07

i am astonished by the fact they drop off android. they not offer possibility to choose, they choose sailfish, this is great