maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   New Firmware bluetooth problem (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=40165)

maluka 2010-01-12 08:30

New Firmware bluetooth problem [SOLVED]

Since updating the firmware I have been unable to sync my Nokia BH-905 headphones with the device. As a result, my last gym session was very painful :(

Matte 2010-01-12 08:36

Re: New Firmware bluetooth problem

Working as intended - gym sessions are supposed to be very painful ;)

DarkFulgore 2010-01-12 08:39

What way did you update,(i.e ota or nsu)

not sure what could be causing that problem, the update has nothing to do with bluetooth nor does it alter any part of it.

maluka 2010-01-12 08:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkFulgore (Post 465828)
What way did you update,(i.e ota or nsu)

not sure what could be causing that problem, the update has nothing to do with bluetooth nor does it alter any part of it.

I reflashed the device and did the OTA update.

DarkFulgore 2010-01-12 08:46

my guess is because you reflashed the device you have lost the settings.

the bluetooth headphones probably remember the phone but the phone doesnt remember the bluetooth headphones.

searching for the headphones again normally completes the connection again and the phone will recognise the headphones.

Try putting the headphones in sync mode(like the first time you did when setting them up). That should allow the phone to connect again.

kaz911 2010-01-12 09:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by maluka (Post 465818)
Since updating the firmware I have been unable to sync my Nokia BH-905 headphones with the device. As a result, my last gym session was very painful :(

hmm you cant be very active in the gym with BH-905? Bike and crosstrainer only?

I just ordered a pair of Vuzix WRAP 920 with Nokia Video cable for my trips on the rowing machine :-)

Wish someone could make me a rowing simulator based on the accelerometer :-) - that would be fun with Vuzix glasses....

codeMonkey 2010-01-12 10:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaz911 (Post 465861)
I just ordered a pair of Vuzix WRAP 920 with Nokia Video cable for my trips on the rowing machine :-)

Let us know how well they work - I'd like to know more!

mrp 2010-01-12 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by maluka (Post 465818)

are you by chance aware of the bug that BT headphones do not work while connected to wifi?

maluka 2010-01-12 11:59

I can see tons of other bluetooth devices in my vicinity, just not my BH-905 heaphones! :(

codeMonkey 2010-01-12 16:51

Maluka - did you re-pair the two devices?
Reset your headphones and try to set up the connection again?